Help with Biting Green Cheek Conure?

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
They do tend to be jealous of one another (start screaming when I give the other attention), so that may be helpful.

What's that thing they say about parrots being 2 year olds again? Haha, does drive the point home, both pining for the attention and throwing their tantrums!

Hopefully Dilly learns biting means no more play soon, you seem really good for them

OP
DillyAndBaby

DillyAndBaby

Jul 11, 2017
Parrots
Dilly: GCC, 2 years old
Baby: Lovebird, adult (unknown age)
Haha yes they both definitely act like 2 year old children at times. �� And thank you, that means a lot ��

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Hi, and welcome. Both of my female conures will nibble on my ear only when they have to go potty. (my male is hopeless, I have just learned his "schedule" or keep a towel on my shoulder.) My GCC can be more aggressive with this behavior but she hates to potty on me. When she bites me or starts to nibble I'll put her in her cage and say "go potty". If she goes I tell her what a good girl she is (I act like her poop is gold) and let her come back out. If she doesn't go within 10-15 seconds I just walk away, door closed or opened and leave her for about 1/2 an hour or so, then we start again.

She has learned to just softly beak me. It has been months since she last bit hard and it was my fault as I didn't listen to her at first. I hope this helps.

-Jen

Most Reactions

Latest posts