Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
I have noticed the last few days Smokey has not been eating his Intune pellets , his morning poop is fine but after that he has very small dark green droppings and they use to be a dark red from the pellets so that's another way I knew he was eating them, I'am going to add some vitamins to his water tomorrow until I can get him to eating his pellets again , I decreased his seed intake a lot so maybe that's why , my plan is to add back more seed and more pellets plus his golden feast , I ordered some Tops Pellets tonight so I can gradually add them and start takeing away the Intune pellets anyone have any ideas on how I can get him back to eating pellets ? going to try the conversation but going vedry slow with him , he is looking pretty skinny to , I have a weight scale so I will be weighing him every day any help appreciated ty

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
Sounds like you got a stubborn little eater there, but just in-case watch that he isn't sick. Definitely add the vitamins to the water. This will help boost his metabolism and vitamin intake in-case he's not getting those vitamins from his pellets because he's not eating them. As for pellet conversion here are a couple of techniques that might work: Learn How to Convert Your Bird to a Healthy Diet | ZuPreem

Good luck with it. Hope things turn out well. And remember, if ever in doubt, always visit the vet.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Great link Luke added, very informative.

African Greys 'are know to be very fussy eaters.

Make sure you weigh Smokey at the same time each day, gives you a very accurate reading within 24 hours.

When Mishka refused to eat his pellets I added little bits of mince meat for two days... Often changing the bowl throughout the day.

Then offered the pellets on their own again, happily he carried on eating the pellets plainly.

OP
RockysMom

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
ty both of you , starting tonight I'am gonna take his food out then refresh it for the morning , I just gave him fresh seed and pellets and he is playing with a toy , figures,the seed I feed him is Goldenfeast Central so it's not all seed mix and he had 2 food bowls so he only has one now , he never ate from the 2nd bowl so I took it out and put a new toy their instead , I weighed him this morning and his weight is 394 he was 410 a few weeks ago , ok off to make some birdies veggies ty for your help and yes if his weight keeps dropping and his poop starts looking strange off to the vet we go

Most Reactions