Herb Salad

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
At a recent Bird Show, I bought an hearbal mix for birds. It's called "Herb Salad", and is made by Twin Beaks Aviary. My birds love this! It is a mix of all kinds of herbs. Dandelion, oatstraw, plantain, red clover, milk thistle, echinacea, pau d'arco, elderberry, yarrow, olive leaf, thyme, lavender, wheatgrass, garlic, spirulina, astragalus, barberry, chickweed, kelp, licorice, wormwood, and marsh mallow. I use many of these same herbs myself. I give them about a teaspoonful every other day. They don't eat everything, but, pick through it, and take what they like. Of course, some ends up on bottom of cage. But my fids really seem to enjoy it. Their website is www.twinbeaksaviary.com. I recommend it. If nothing else, it is plant material that they readily eat. Aside from any herbal medicinal benefits.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
My bird loves that stuff. Great tip to post.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
My birds love that stuff too , I get it at My Safe bird store. It has a lot of great medicinal herbs in it : )

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I'll have to check it out , thanks Bill

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
Thanks for the rec! I added 8oz to my MSBS order last night. (Although I bet I ordered too late and end up having to buy some Nutriberries at Petco to get us through! Procrastination!)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Rosie gets this mix in a bowl with some other calcium rich foods, bee pollen and hemp seeds a few days a week. Hard to tell if she is eating it or not but she is at the dish filling up her crop so I guess she does eat some. Thanks for posting BB.

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
I know this is an old thread, but I bought some of this for my Cockatiel. I mix it with Golden feast legume, Australian and fruit/veggie/nut blends. He picks through it because he's very small still and there's twigs in there, that he just drops. I'm going to try putting it through a spice grinder and see what happens.

Does anyone else use this, especially for smaller birds, like Cockatiels?

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I came across it at the bird show as well two years ago, my birds love this stuff!!....and it's good for them as well.

Sudz1109

Jan 26, 2014
ME
Parrots
Bruski (Grey Cockatiel) & Paco (Red Lored Amazon) - both adopted and loved!
Yep, this may be an old thread but I discovered it through a search of the forums as I wanted to know everyone's opinions on it. Adding it to my MSBS order right now. Thanks! ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts