Here with Odin my jenday

Peebles24

Apr 15, 2018
Rosedale, Indiana
Parrots
Jenday Conure
Sorry been in the forum a few days and never properly introduced myself or Odin. Odin is a Jenday conure born 1/11/18 he got me the 30th of march. I appreciate the war reception i have had on the boards, seems to be full of great people here.

Little about me, I'm a industrial maintenance mechanic, I enjoy cars and my motorcycle, I do 3 gun competition locally I'm no pro, I play lots of Clash of Clans, and i thpurghly enjoy my pets. I'm married we have 5 kids between us, none together, only 2 left in the house a pair of ornery 13 yo step brothers. We have 4 dogs Hunter lab, rocky boxer, teddy yorkie, and gus basset. We have one lovable little Jenday now.

Thank you all for being so kind and any help offered!!!

Attachments

• 20180415_135553.jpg
    20180415_135553.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 80

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
A big welcome to you and Odin :60::orange:! He's gorgeous. Post any queries and we'd all be glad to help. :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums! Love that pic of Odin enjoying the outdoors!

Many members have conures as companions! Feel free to post questions or concerns.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Just watch Odin around your dogs. It literally only take a fraction of a second for a SNAP and ....... Happens all the time even to animals that you think get along famously.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
The first bird I ever handfed was a Jenday conure and he was my best friend! Your Odin has lovely bright plumage. Welcome to the forums!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Welcome and be welcomed. Just watch Odin around your dogs. It literally only take a fraction of a second for a SNAP and ....... Happens all the time even to animals that you think get along famously.

Boy howdy are you right. We had an incident the yesterday as a result of a lack of coordination and communication between me and Eddie (were usually on point with these things). Essentially we spot Parker at the top of the stairs looking for us, with our miniature poodle house guest standing behind him. Parker crawled off his cage and waltzed his little butt right by the dog!

Thank god this particular dog is a total sweetheart and has never shown any interest in Parker and ignores him completely.

Needless to say extra precautions are in place and this will not be repeated.

It takes just one moment of lapsed attention. Always be on your guard!

And welcome!!

OP
Peebles24

Peebles24

Apr 15, 2018
Rosedale, Indiana
Parrots
Jenday Conure

Yes odin and the dogs are not allowed in the same room.

Most Reactions