Here's my baby birdie - will be updated with more pics.

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey (Lulu)
attachment.php

Last edited:

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
oh what a cute little bird!!! <3 I want one badly... it's between a CAG and a cockatoo (probably a trition) when I'm ready to add a big bird to my flock after a few years of taking care of my lovely lucy <3

OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
Thanks alot. I can understand you want one, they are just the cutest little thing! :) I wanted a Cockatoo too, but my choise fell on the CAG. Do what your heart tells you to do :D

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
that's what I figured! and of course the the bird choose you! :) I've still got quite some time before I'm prepared for a bird of that level of intelligence though ;) you enjoy your gray! I can't wait to see more pictures!

OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
@andrea.faerie: Sure it does! :) You should look forward to have a parrot with such intelligence. I'm glad that you're taking your time and not just rushing. I'm sure that your future parrot will have a healthy and happy life. :D

@LoveMauiGus: Thank you. I agree with you, she is wonderful. :) She is a she ;)

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Lovely. :) I also have a little grey. Ida, and I adore her, although she keeps me busier then my other two. lol

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
ooh I can't wait until I start bonding more and more with lucy and i'm looking forward to all she can teach me! I'll be super excited to get my "big bird" too! :D I learn so much from everyone on here! Little grays are just soooo cute!

OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
@Abzeez: They sure do need a whole lot of attention! But they are truly amazing. :)

@andrea.faerie: I can understand your excitement. I'm sure that you'll bond with Lucy, just remember that you are friends, and you do not "own" her. ;) How old is she?​

@wibitywab: Thank you so much. She's adorable and I love her with all my heart! :grey:

Last edited:

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Lucy's hatch date was april 12th so she's about 2 months ish lol she's my little baby ^^ I love her so much lol we are definitely friends, i love how you said don't own her ^^ I think more people should think like that about their animals!

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
She has the sweetest little face....what a beautiful bird....congratulations.

OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
@leomacaw: Thanks alot. I have only taught her how to wave, but she got that very fast. On Monday we will begin working on recall training. :)

@andrea.faerie: I can understand you love her. Especially now when she's a baby, they are just the sweetest thing! ;)

@kitt: Thank you so much. She appreciate all your sweet words! ;)

Will be updated with new pictures today!

Last edited:

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
I love baby greys. I even dreamed last nite I was carrying one around. You guys have to stop posting these pictures, Merlin says this is a 1 bird household. lol

OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
@merlinsmom13: LOL. You'll have to teach Merlin to accept other birds. ;) African Greys bond very much to one or maybe two persons. Lulu has bonded with me and my dad. She won't step-up on anyone else. I'm working on to get her to step-up on my mom, but she will actually bite her if my mom come to close with her hand. That can be very frustrating! I hope that she soon will learn to accept other than me and my dad. :)

If someone has got any suggestion to what I can do about it, please tell me. :)

Last edited:
OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
@andrea.faerie: I've tried that, but she still won't step up on to her hand. When I have her on my hand, I take her close to my mom's arm so she can step up, some times she will step up on to her hand and then fly again after 2-3 sec. LOL. ;) Most times she will just fly away when I bring her close to my mom's arm. :)

Last edited:
OP
CAGLulu

CAGLulu

Jun 8, 2011
Parrots
attachment.php

attachment.php

Lulu after a nice bath under the shower. :p

Last edited:

Most Reactions