He's actually finally here!

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
I can't believe it... He's actually here! Was an interesting labour.. Went into hospital when contractions were about 6 mins apart and my waters started leaking as i walked in the doors. Was talking and sending texts right up until i was 9cm dilated and then started pushing :p I must say, gas as pain relief was amazing! Kinda fun being a tad loopy hehe. And here were NO overlapping contractions so i got breaks right up until he was coming out, was great! He's VERY vocal.. Lol. And here he is with Mummy and Daddy :) nickname is Chad, can't say his actual name on the net. :(

Weighed: 8.8 pounds, 1 ounce smaller than his big sister!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....611_322437564574481_3561825675318864360_o.jpg

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
CONGRATULATIONS Kinny! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly for you and Young Sir. Sending hugs and kisses to you both. XX

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Awwww he's adorable. Congratulations on your bundle of joy :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations Kinny! What a gorgeous picture of a beautiful family:)

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yay! Congratulations!! :D He is so cute! I am so glad that all went well!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Beautiful baby and picture of you guys :) Congratulations!! Great to hear that everything went smoothly.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! Beautiful family and new baby boy. Hugs to all of you.

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congratulations! :)

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Oh congratulations...how beautiful of a family. I hope things will improve for you and sorry you had to go through such trauma.

OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Thank you everyone! It's difficult but baby is doing so well that I feel I can cope much better with anything and everything.

This is him yesterday morning:

20-06-2014.png

And this is him about an hour after he was born:

14-06-2014.png

The midwives couldn't get over how 'cute and content' he is haha. They kept coming in purely just to see him... and used the excuse "I heard little man crying earlier and wanted to make sure he's doing ok ^^" lol..uh huh.. sure. I got so embarrassed though cos they weren't visiting the other babies unless those babies needed their attention. Mr Chad is a favourite apparently :p haha.

The midwife who delivered him was absolutely wonderful in every way the entire time.. (funny how the 2 midwives assigned to me during pregnancy etc weren't present at all the whole week i was in Hospital..) during the labour/birth and postnatal. I'm going to nominate her for Midwife of the Year Award, she was just amazing and Chad really liked her too!

Haha Stirling.. you should PM and tell me how you're doing! *nodnod* EDIT: Or i could've just PM'd you.. hmm... o_O post-pregnancy brain perhaps? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kinny

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Nawww! His big sister (almost 3 years old) kept giving his kisses and he did a little "Hih!" noise. Was sooo cute!!! And he loves brightly lit rooms... o_O

Most Reactions

Latest posts