Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
I picked up my little pink dude yesterday. Here are some photos from the trip home:

galah4.jpg

galah2.jpg

Nap time:
galah5.jpg

Eating a nutriberry:
nutriberry.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a beautiful little sweetheart! That adorable face just makes my heart melt:) Please keep the pictures coming.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So precious! Baby Rose Breasted are some of the most adorable little things :). Can't wait to hear what he's like, and see more pics!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
So cute ,I cant take it :) Name ?

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Congratulations, he's adorable. Looking forward to progress reports!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a cutie! Look forward to seeing lots of pics and updates on him around on the forum;)!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
That color combination is quite striking! He's beautiful. That's a Romeo if I ever saw one :) If I ever get one I'll totally name him that! What are you going to call this little guy? What is this species exactly? Haha sorry for the twenty questions, I just love birds so much that anything new gets me excited!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What is this species exactly?

That's one I suggested to you on the other thread :). Rose Breasted Cockatoo! Also called a Galah in their native Australia. They are cuddly like Cockatoos, yet are known to be more emotionally stable and are overall easier to maintain in more home situations. It's a COCKATOO Minimaker!! :04:

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Haha, ok I get it :) Now can you just tell that to my husband who won't lower his expectations one iota??? It's go big or go home without one :(

I think what it really boils down to is that he's a big guy with big beefy hands and he's afraid to touch our Keets for fear of hurting them. He was the same way with our babies when they were born-just so afraid that he might hurt them. He wants to interact with the birds so badly, but he really won't because he says they're too delicate. He's a big strapping guy and he wants a big strapping bird to handle without the fear of hurting it.

Last edited:
OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Still no name yet, unfortunately. lol. I'm trying to get to know him better to make sure he ends up with a name that suits him.

So far he's been a big sweetheart and he's constantly demanding scritches. HE'S SO SOFT! I love it! I've been so incredibly happy since we picked him up! :)

He has been crying and begging for food quite a bit, so I've been giving him formula in the evenings. He sounds a lot like a human infant when he cries, which I wasn't expecting. lol. He's eating his pellets like a champ and I had no problem introducing him to Harrisons. He's a little hesitant with the fruits and veggies though, so I'm still trying to find something he likes.

I'll keep you guys updated and post more photos soon. :)

Last edited:
OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
That's a Romeo if I ever saw one :)

LOL. I was actually thinking the same thing. I haven't picked a name just yet, but I added Romeo to the list of possibilities.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Those are actually far and away my favorite toos.

Most Reactions

Latest posts