He's my life, my happiness, my rock - PHOTOS

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
2 months ago after being sick or 6 horrible months...I was terminated from my job. Recovery has been a mess of ups and a ton of downs. Physically painful days, and days I honestly wished I wouldn't get up the next day. I never thought after years of pulling 50-60 hour weeks at work and being a happy energetic woman, I'd suddenly find myself on unemployment and completely emotionally and mentally drained.

But through everything this guy has been my reason to smile. I may have 5 other flock members who are my world, but this one has literally been the one to keep a smile on my face. Between his goofy play and my GCC, Conlan, being my relax buddy... I've made it so far.

There were days the only thing keeping me here was my flock. Who would care for them? What would happen to them? Would they miss me?

But Rhage would seek me out, dancing and doing his 'blah blah blah'...and my world wasn't so bad. He was my ray of sunshine. Even on days when I was feeling so bad he only got out for a short amount of time and my mother was doing most of his care..... he never missed a chance to be his normal happy self.

Today I was feeling much better so we went out for a morning walk and took these photos in the yard :D.

Slowly but surely i'm putting 1 foot in front of the other and making it through the days as I try to go back to my 'normal'.

Years and years ago I had had a self harming issue. My drs were worried the stress from being stucsick would bring the problem back full force.....but Rhage kept me smiling and Conlan kept me calm :D. And i'm happy to report we had no relapse.

But for anyone fighting chronic diseases, look to your flock. They will guide you home <3 They are your family. They are your rocks.

I'm not normally a religious person... but i'm thanking every deity out there for Rhage today. I've had him a year and he's been so much more than a 'pet'.
lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19994-img-20180521-075928.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19996-img-20180521-080250.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19995-img-20180521-080351.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19997-img-20180521-080430.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19998-img-20180521-080158.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture19999-20180521-073802.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture20000-img-20180521-080125.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-rhage-picture20001-img-20180521-080020.jpg

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
What a great thread and wonderful pictures of you and Rhage. I started a thread recently about Mental illness and owning parrots and it seems that you are not the only one that finds their flock helps them find the will to go on and get up every day. A flock stays together and helps each other in all times of need!

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
We are so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!
Keep putting one foot in front of each other and each day will get better.

Also we are so sorry to hear about loosing your job, we know first hand, it's tough.
Keep looking, update the resume, and start pounding the virtual digital pavement. You'll find something.

Our amazing feathered babies have a way of wiggling their way into our hearts and before you know it, they got you :)
You are so right, they are much, much more than pets. Can't tell you how many times I've heard some people say, "It's just a bird". It makes me mad, but I also have to remember, many of them don't know any better. They've never had the experience of one of God's little feathered creatures comforting and loving you back.

We've been very fortunate to experienced their companionship, feelings, love, comfort, playfulness, silliness, and all the other things that make our feathered friends, our flock and family.

We would not have it any other way.

Please keep us updated on how things are going.
BTW, the words in your signature are the BEST !!!

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Beautiful Rhage. Thanks for sharing. I'm wishing you the very best with your health and flock.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm sorry to hear of your challenges and hope you'll find a better job, one where they appreciate you!! What a beautiful spread of pics!

There's almost nothing like the unconditional love of a beloved parrot! So glad Rhage is a constant companion and source of inspiration.

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
Hi!

I presume you are up in State College area. Wawa has met Rudy and I down here in the Wilmington area. While it may be a far of an area to come down here. I thought I would extend a open invitation to bring you and yourself to meet us.

In a roundabout way I am in a similar situation. I will go so far as to say I doubt I would be alive if it weren't for my Rudy. I have done a lot of things in my life, never have I had so much fun until the last year. Our birds are very similar. It might be helpful to see first hand what I do with Rudy..

Message me accordingly if you want more info.

Most Reactions

Latest posts