Hi every one ! Life sure looks different with rebuilt ticker!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thank you every one. My boys sprung me for a few hours today, to go play some music and make a stop at home for awhile. And while I didn't get my usual "Hiiii, Daddy' from Salty, by the time I had to leave (after fully explaining where I had been and where I will be), Salty was on my sholder getting a proper head scratching!

It is suprising how much everything tires me out so quickly. I only played 1/2 hour before I was ready to go. I can see this rehab thing is going to take awhile.

Thanks again everybody!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
But wow, you sound firmly on the road to recovery. Thank GOODNESS!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So glad you got Salty heaf scratch in! That had to be good for the heart!! It takes time to recover, please don't over do. Good to hear from you!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so thrilled to see you back! Please take it easy and give yourself time to heal, we want you to be around for a long, long time.

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
Al, glad to see you back and that your boys reunited you with salty for a good head scratch. Take it easy and do what you are told in rehab :) Focus on getting stronger.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I was gone from Finley for a whole 2 months with visits only for 3 days (the 1st 3 Sundays) and he not only remember me but was beside himself with joy everytime we were reunited. At the time Finley and I were not as close as you and Salty. Finley is a mini Amazon in training so I bet Salty will be very happy to see you and not mad.
Glad to hear you're on the mend!

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hooray! So glad things are going smooth and that you got to tell Salty exactly what happened. I'm sure it makes all the difference and he appreciates it!! Keep up the good work.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Welcome back, Al! You've been terribly missed, and I'm sure it must be sinking in by now just how beloved you and Salty are hereabouts. Yes, recovery will take time and it will likely be frustrating, but so was harness training Salty... and look how that turned out. Just exercise the same kind of determination and patience, and you'll yield a similar level of success.

And for what it's worth, we'll be cheering you on every step of the way!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Nice to see you back on the forum and glad you got to visit Salty. I'm sure you both needed that;) Take it slow with the rehab and be sure you're eating healthy foods and (if ok with your doctor) a little bit bigger meals than normal since your body is expending extra energy healing itself and needs more fuel. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Yaaaaasssss we’ve missed you! It’s awesome to read your voice! The forum is missing a lot without you, take it easy tho and get well soon. Salty will forgive you. If anything, he will sense something has happened and will go with the flow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions