Hi everyone New to Forum

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
I have been reading this forum for quite some time and finally decided to register. I am the proud mother of a yellow sided Green Cheek Conure who is absolutely spoiled rotten. His cage is way too big and he has more toys than he could ever play with. LOL. Like I said, he is spoiled. His favorite toy is his push button bird phone which taught him to say I Love You. He is very much a part of our family. He eats when we eat (people food), he showers daily with me. He likes to play dice games or whatever we do, he has to be included. He loves to go to my daughter's house and play with her green cheek at least twice a week. They have basically grown up together. His other favorite thing is climbing the blinds and tying the cords in knots. Really have to keep an eye on him afraid he might get tangled up, but so far he never has. He really prefers my toys to his toys. Of course. That little guy is more precious to me than I could ever imagine.
Thanks for taking the time to read about us. :)
dishgal1 - conuremom

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome to the forum, we would love to see a pic of your buddy.

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
I uploaded one pic...a necklace of my baby and my daughter's baby. It was after my post. I don't post usually on forums so I am trying to familiarize myself with procedures. Don't know where that pic went. Maybe it will pop in with this post.

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
dishgal1-albums-my-little-forrest-picture4019-forrestcrackers.jpg

maaaan, they're so adorable together! it's so cute that they're best friends that visit each
other regularly! ;D welcome to the forums, btw.

wolf0994

Apr 10, 2012
North Pole, Alaska
Parrots
Kawie, 16 year old Congo African Grey
Welcome to the forums. Our neighbors pineapple looks very similar to the one on the left. Very snuggly lil cutie. My wife wants one badly.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Hi and welcome to the forum!! Conures are a lot of fun!! Mine are also spoiled rotten. My Sun and Jenday Conure are best friends. They like to cuddle like the picture of yours with your daughters. Your baby is just adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing the picture with us. I haven't shared any pics of my babies yet, because I am not sure how to do it. (I am horrible on computers). Anyways Welcome aboard!!!!

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
They enjoy each other's company. I had the same problem with the pics. Use the Avatar to add a pic. I posted a pic of a necklace with that pic on it. I found a lady on ebay that makes these necklaces. Several different kinds. You can send her your pic and she turns it into a necklace. They are so cute, also earrings. See my albums to see one of them. She lives in Canada and very reasonable.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
Your GCC sounds like quite the little character. I love the picture of the two of them together. What is your little guy's name? (Sorry if you mentioned it; I looked but couldn't find it.)

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
welcome to the forum - your bird and your daughters bird are adorable

OP
dishgal1

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
My little guy's name is Forrest......ie Forrest Gump.........LOL I got him at 10 weeks, really a little too early I think. He was so clumsy after his wing clip we started to call him Forrest and it stuck. He is 1 yr old now and doesn't know that he is a bird.
After he got his new flight feathers in he was quite the acrobat, he would do loops and dives and circles, really frightening because he would come so close to ceilings and walls. No longer "run Forrest run" but very agile and quick. Didn't want to take away his flight but one day as always he flew to my husbands shoulder as he went out the door. He missed his landing and flew out the door into our next lot into a big tree. We were devastated. The wind was blowing hard and he was hanging upside down on branches trying to get down to us. He flew down a couple times and we were reaching to try to grab him....duh, therefore no place to land on us, his landing was being deflected. Reflexes took over and if we would have stood still he probably would have landed. The second time he flew down and back up he was lower. We pulled very hard on the branch and got close enough that I could stretch way up and put my finger up and he stepped right on it. I Cannot tell you the relief and that little sun conure story about Guy just hit my heart hard because that could have been my baby. He loves us so much and he is so involved in everything we do I know he was glad to be back with us after about 20 minutes. Needless to say, his wings got clipped upon his return. LOL
Hindsight my advice to anyone if I had it to do over, I would sit down on the ground and wait for him to fly down. Get something they truly like and make noise with it to get their attention. I fully believe he would have flown down to us. My story, unlike many others had a happy ending.
I can't imagine life without him. Never in a million years would I have believed I could love a bird that much. Over the years I had parakeets and a cockatiel but they never liked to be touched. Forrest can be a little nippy sometimes like all green cheeks, but I just watch his body language and don't push him. He is very demanding if I ask him if he wants a shower and I don't do it immediately he bites because he wants it NOW. He will stare at me and if I ask again he will bite. I am supposed to go to the shower immediately and not ask again. LOL

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I love the name Forrest! Very cute. I am glad your story had a happy ending! If Clifford'smom can not keep the Sun "Guy", it sounds like you would make a wonderful home for him. (I saw your comment on taking him if he needed a home).

Most Reactions