Hi from Australia

bestpetjobs

Jul 15, 2011
Australia
Parrots
cockatiels
Hi

my name is Angela and I live in Qld, Australia. We currently have three cockatiels (lutino, and two albinos)
In the past we have had a galah, and a cockatoo which we rescued as wildlife carers.
I love parrots and look forward to reading your posts here :)

cheers

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
I always have issues when I read posts from Ausies talking about wild tiels and toos; I guess I am just jealous. Although that is probably for the best as the way US law works if it is a native bird it cannot be kept as a pet, even if you are allowed to shoot it.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Welcome to the forum. A great bunch of bird lovers here.
Look around and ask as many questions as you like.

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Big hi ,
yes a aussie from down under , ( vic ) welcome to you this is a great forum lots of info very friendly members also .
Look forward to checking out your photoes , hope you live in a dry area as u guys sure had your share of rain this year . But what do the say beautifull one day perfect the next .

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Hi - from another Aussie, also Victoria. Welcome.
To stephend, I dont think I could keep a cockatoo. To me, it would be like having a pet kangaroo, you just dont do that to your native fauna. Having said that, I do have 1 tiel and 2 budgies and I cant explain why I feel that is different. Too's are just such big, majestic birds. I love seeing the 200+ (sorry, but had to rub it in) flock nearby flying free. Forgot to mention, I love hearing the noise of said flock, its deafening!

PS No, we Aussies, do not have kangaroos in our backyards as pets LOL

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Yes we do ,
Each morning as l drink my coffee l look at the little buggers eating my garden and all the greenerie , and guess what l love it !
The lucky people in a great country **********

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Brighteyes, Sssh! You will confirm the rumors. I have heard that people in other countries really do think we have roo's as pets. :D Its NOT TRUE, it really isnt.;)

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
Well birdybabies, you don't list any roos up by your parrots, do you really have some as pets? I have woodchucks & deer in my yard & foxes nearby, lots of hawks, herons & egrets but no roos!!

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Sorry Kerry, we dont keep roos (kangaroos) as pets, it is actually illegal to keep a roo as pets over here. The only toos (cockatoos) I see are the wild flock of about 200, which are on the way to my sons school. i live on the outskirts of Melbourne, so we are lucky to be able to witness the beauty of them. There are many people complaing about the cockatoos in my area because of the destruction they are causing and of course, the noise. But I figure, they were here first, we took over there habitat.

Mike17

Aug 12, 2013
Media
Albums
Outback Western Australia
Parrots
Alex- Eclectus, Ariel- whiteface, Junior- pied, Custard-lutino, Ziggy- pearl cockatiels, Kermit- Princess parrot, Jade- Plumhead parrot, George- budgie, Coco- Rainbow lorikeet, Corey-Little Corella.
I live in the bush (moved earlier this year from NSW to Western Au) and in both places we have large flocks of Little Corellas and Galahs, often together/mixed. There are also large groups of budgies at various times of the year (they follow the rain). In fact, a few years ago in WA I saw many thousands of dead budgies, they'd come in to get water but there was none- and temperatures hit mid-high 40s (Celcius of course).

Oh, and Hi, Angela:)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Just letting you know your replying to a very old post back in 2011 as some of those members aren't even active anymore.... :)

Most Reactions