Hi from sunny southern California

teacher1

Nov 23, 2012
Southern California
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
I have a 9 year old Yellow Nape I've had since she (I'm assuming its a female) was a baby. This has been a loving, tame, well socialized bird until 6 months ago. She has a vocabulary as long as my arm and is incredibly smart. She is in and out of her cage all day and goes inside to sleep. She's clipped and occasionally climbs down her cage to waddle over to me to see what I'm cooking. She's basically a well adapted "mini kid". I'd like help with dealing with this new aggressive behavior. It very troublesome to me. I've had to have stitches for one of the bites.

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Hi welcome to the forum.
I can't help you with any advice, but you have come to the right place. There are plenty of people with the all sorts of bird knowledge and experience here, I am sure someone will come up with the goods in no time.

KimH

Nov 21, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Pidgey - Green Cheeked Conure and
Coming soon - Blue Fronted Amazon
Welcome to the forum, I am also new and couldn't help you with any advice - but from what I've seen so far on the forum there are many on here that can and surely will.
Good luck with getting the biting problem sorted and please post some pics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts