hi guys long time no sqwaaak

majorparrot

Mar 1, 2008
brisbane
Parrots
male eckie
hi guys i havent been on for a while but you know i have a eckie male named rex .

i have a small problem . he always hangs his bum over the front of his cage to drop a bomb on the floor . he doesnt do this on any other part of the cage and i need help trying to discourage this in some way what can i do. i was thinking og putting zipz ties so they face up along the front of the cage not allowing him to perch on the top bar at the front . but i thinik he will just do it somewhere else after not getting acess to that area

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Hey buddy, good to see your still around.

what a little bugger lol. You are probably right that he will just find somewhere else to do it if you put cable ties there. Is this actually while he is out, on top of the cage? Can you catch him in the act? Because then you might be able to swing his bum around so he is facing the other direction, I'm really not too sure how to fix this problem, it's a bit more advanced than basic potty training lol. :33: I would be interested as well if anyone has a solution. Eddie has now decided it is okay to poop on his cage, playstand AND the kitchen chairs. Problem is, if he sits one direction, it lands on the timber floor and I can clean it up, if he sits in the other direction it will land on the cusions. I have tried turning his bum when it looks like he might be about to go, but its not proving very effective.

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Hahaha I just have this total image in my head and what s crack up lol
althoutgh not for you obviously
if he is potty trained I would suggest trying to catch him in the act and turning him around if possible ( easier said than done I'm sure ) if not just watch for when he may do it in the right location and praise him till your blue in the face
he should get the idea
that's Just my opinion and imby no means an expert
hope someone may have some more ideas

etse20

Jun 1, 2010
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel & Eclectus
Actually, we've been pretty successful in training Willie to poop in the trash can. So when he perch on his cage top, we put the trash can right next to his favorite spot. He aim for it pretty well, even from 4 ft up. Last night, he was perching in the front part of the cage, I saw him walk back to the side where the trash can was and let one go. Good boy.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hey Anthony, welcome back, nice to see you haven't vanished into cyber space :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts