HI, Im new here!

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Hi, I am new to the forum, I/we will be picking up Rio our new Green Cheek Conure hopefully today, if not today then tomorrow. He/she is coming from a private breeder who is holding him until his cage comes! I found it to be much cheaper to buy a cage from an internet store then from one of the local bird stores! I can't believe how excited I am to get this little bird! I have been doing nothing but reading about gcc's for almost two weeks now! It's kind of sad and pathetic! :eek: But I wan't to be as 'prepared' as one can be before this little guy comes home and teaches me everything I have learned by reading is really just 'guidelines' and not the absoulute! Anyways, I hope to learn alot from all of you that are seasoned bird 'parents'
Thanks ahead of time for all the great stories and advice!:greenyellow:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I know you are so excited. GCC are so much fun. My girl friend has one and she is so quiet for a conure. There is much to learn and experience. Please remove all items with teflon from you home. You will find much better quality products for birds on the internet than in pet stores. It is so much fun to make your own parrot toys also. Have you picked a name yet?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Post pics when you pick him/her up. :)

Gandolf

Mar 29, 2011
Media
Albums
Lincoln, Ne
Parrots
Goffin's Cockatoo, Congo African Grey, 3 Conures, 2 Cockatiels, 6 Love Birds and 4 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. You will :) enjoy :) and love your green cheek. They are so adorable and loving. Quite the clowns too. A green cheek is how we originally got started with parrots. Good luck and welcome again.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Welcome to the forum! I got my GCC Rio, 5 weeks ago, and he's so much fun! Congratulations on your new bird buddy! :) By the way, love your name choice ;)

Last edited:

Crackers

Apr 11, 2011
California
Parrots
"Crackers" Hahns Macaw
Welcome to the forum! You will like it here. Everyone is nice here and very helpful. Anyhow, my friend just go a GCC and that bird is a clown! Loves everyone and just loves to play all the time!

Keep us posted and posts some pictures! :)

Most Reactions