hi, my name is debbie, i'm a newbie :)

deb3212

Sep 19, 2014
pennsylvania
Parrots
2yr old female goffins cockatoo Chloe; 5yr old female cinnamon conure Mango; 2yr old male ?? conure Stewie
im 40 I've been married 20 years and have 3 kids ages 16, 12, and 10. we are all animal lovers and have a house full LOL we have a dog...rescued from aspca at 4mo old, living in a shut up basement with 12 other dogs, a cat, 55 gal fishtank, 6 hermit crabs...was 3 but 3 were rescued.. sadly we were too late to save the other 4 that were in the same tank and starved :( we have a guinea pig and fostering a rescued guinea that is 4mo old.. and sadly didn't rescue in time to save both, the smaller one starved before this one was surrendered to us :( you could feel all the bones in the little guy that we did save, he/she is doing great now with proper care and plenty of food, MY FIDS: I have a cinnamon conure she is 5 years old and a maroon bellied conure?? I've had him for a couple months, I also have a Goffins cockatoo that is also rescued from a trailer with 3 heavy smokers and her 1st bath the tar and nicotine just ran off her feathers and she had no idea what to do with veggies, she was scared of some of them like broccoli and berries :( horrible, took several baths before she was normal colored. she is 2 yrs. old. About me, i'm a stay at home mother and my kids help with baking and cooking all the time, they love it. i bake cookies and pies a lot and LOVE baking. my kids all take part every day caring and feeding all the animals, I have a super large family, I'm an aunt to 41 with 3 more on the way LOL I love to help people and animals whenever i can and we have found a great home for our fostered guinea :) he/she will be going to the new home this weekend :D :white1::green2::green2:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hello & welcome to the forums.....I just responded to your other post, assuming you were a newbie to birds, then find you're an old hand at parronting.....your MBC is a first cousin to your cinnamon green cheek and could produce viable young and a couple of months is really a long time for a fast worker ! ! !

Sounds like you have your own built-in zoo, congrats on all the rescues.....hope you enjoy your stay around here.....

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
Thank you for rescuing animals. You are now on my "I like you" list. :) It almost made me cry top read about the nicotine tar all over your Goffins. It so upsetting. People don't realize that birds have super sensitive systems and smoke is deadly. Thank you for doing a wonderful deed! I am also jealous of your family. I have a super small family, and the ones that live near me are working too much to give a thought to their relatives. :( The only family i am close with are my Mom's mom, and my dad's parents, my aunt and uncle (when they have time) and one of my sisters :/ Hope you appreciate it ^^

Good Luck with your Zoo :D It's wonderful, isn't it?

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Thanks for all the rescuing you've done! I, too, was so sad to read of the cockatoo. I love those birds! Glad he's found a soft place to land.

Most Reactions

Latest posts