Hi New Red belly male on the way

zorro

Dec 27, 2012
Parrots
Red Belly Poicephalus
Hi All,

I am getting a new parrot I have been researching for over 4 years deciding whether a parrot is right for me. I finally decided it was a good time to for me to have one. I am excited about getting my new red bellied poicephalus. All the information on this forum has been great!
Thanks!

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's always exciting to get a new pet :) It's great to hear that you have done lots of research about parrots. Hoping to see your bird soon.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Congrats on getting your new red bellied which has become my favorite parrot. When do you get him or her?:)

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
Welcome and congrats on your new bird :)

OP
Z

zorro

Dec 27, 2012
Parrots
Red Belly Poicephalus
Congrats on getting your new red bellied which has become my favorite parrot. When do you get him or her?:)

As soon as he is weaned I say he because he is a DNA'ed male (I didn't care that much which sex). I think around February depending on when he stops wanting formula. Thanks again I will post a pick as soon I get him! Now I need help coming up with a name maybe I should wait till I get him to name him haha

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
That is so exciting and Feb gives you lots of time to think of names. sorry I didn't see the male part in your title. The coloring of the males is so very pretty. and the red bellied in my opinion :D have a really great personality:) Can' wait for pics:)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome
You life is about to change forever, for the better
It is the most awesome feeling being a guardian
Each and everyday is so precious
Work out how many more sleeps you have LoL

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
I decided on a male red belly for my first parrot, and if my fiance would let me I would have a whole flock of them running my house. Mango is such a joy, I know you will love your new baby. I look forward to hearing all about your journey! Please post pics once he arrives!

Most Reactions