Hi there, New to forum... Jardines anyone?

DannysaxT

Jul 28, 2013
Manchester, UK
Hi There,

My name is Danny and I live in Manchester.

I have been looking around for a breeder of Jardine parrots and wandered if anyone could help?

Cheers,

Danny

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Manchester.... UK? :)

Hi Danny, although this seems to be 'mostly' an American forum, there's a fair few of us around in the UK too, so let us know and we'll see what we can dig out for you! ;)

I think Jardines are fairly hard to come across in the UK though. But that's just from my brief looking into it. :)

OP
DannysaxT

DannysaxT

Jul 28, 2013
Manchester, UK
Hi Mayden

Yes Manchester UK :)

I have done a little rooting around and from what I have heard they used to be bred quite a bit a few years back but then due to them becoming so popular demand then fell for them and people stopped breeding.

I have also been thinking about a black capped Caique... They seem like a lot of fun and with great personalities

Danny

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hi Mayden

Yes Manchester UK :)

I have done a little rooting around and from what I have heard they used to be bred quite a bit a few years back but then due to them becoming so popular demand then fell for them and people stopped breeding.

I have also been thinking about a black capped Caique... They seem like a lot of fun and with great personalities

Danny

Weee, I'm originally from around Manchester area :)

I can look into finding breeders, but unlike a fair few breeders here in America, most UK breeders seem to be by 'word of mouth' rather than having nice websites...

I personally think caique's are brilliant though. Are you looking for breeders, or rescues/rehomes, or any? :)

OP
DannysaxT

DannysaxT

Jul 28, 2013
Manchester, UK
I would like to put my name down with a breeder so I can spend the time getting my bird silly tame. I am wanting to eventually be able to harness train him/her so that I can take them to and from work with me.

When I was younger I grew up with lots of bigger birds such as blue gold/scarlet amazons and umbrella cockatoos, but alas now I am in an apartment I want a smaller friends for days out :)

Something along the lines of a Jardine, white fronted Macaw or maybe even a Hahns? Although I do like the slightly chunkier and stockier birds. I want something I can spend lots of time with and have as a feathery friend.

Danny

OP
DannysaxT

DannysaxT

Jul 28, 2013
Manchester, UK
Thankyou!

I have been looking for something smaller than the bigger amazons, yet still a bit chunky haha!

Its all coming down to Jardines, Caiques, Hahans or maybe a white fronted... All the breeders around here only seem to sell ring necks and senegals!

Danny

Most Reactions

Latest posts