OP
K

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
He is, isn't he... (gloating Mom).

I'll take my future (and there will be!!!) pictorial postings onto the species page.

Though, I have to say this much... after the year and almost losing him, it's amazing to see him so healthy and vibrant. I lost Fritzy (and also have pictures of a fine healthy fid and tumor-filled but loving fid - they're not digital - he loved having his picture taken) and then to know I almost lost him. With Keupi, he's a little camera-shy but is also a little ham. When I look at his pictures now and remember last year...

Anyway, he is gorgeous - in looks and character. And, on Monday we go to the vet for an exam which will, 1 year later, give an good idea of the full extent of the poisoning on the kidneys, liver and pancreas. As zinc accumulates there, and as with any poisoning victim there's always issues in organs, but I'm hoping for a 'watchful, but clean' diagnosis. In other words, all's good but always wary. (There will always be issues with the kidneys, liver, and pancreas due to the poisoning.)

Just like with Fritzy's cancer, I wouldn't wish Keupi's zinc poisoning on anyone or any fid. I can't help remembering how close I was to losing him when I see him playing and 'fidding' now. He's an angel with a 'horned' halo.

I don't know and maybe I'm too stressed with this upcoming visit (he's had multiple in the meantime but we're - vet and I - classifying as typical 'well bird') but when I look at him, I can only emphasize the refrain - trust your gut and don't give up.

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Very cute bird. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am glad that he is feeling better.

Tex, hon, you joke, but trust me, you couldn't handle more then one female.....

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Christy said:
Tex, hon, you joke, but trust me, you couldn't handle more then one female.....

How would I know hon -you've never let me try ... ;):p:D

Chewy

Aug 24, 2007
Media
Washington state
Parrots
1cockatoo Chewy 2 cockatiels Male=eli female-=LittleFoot
Welcome....I'm new too of course and I just wanted to say I like senegals. they are pretty cool. Ihave never met one that I ddin't like

Most Reactions

Latest posts