Higgins Worldly Cuisines

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Hey all,

I was browsing at the pet store today, trying REALLY hard to talk myself OUT of another conure...1 is plenty...in the conure department...right???

Okay...so for the first time, I saw they had some sample packs of the Worldly Cuisines and I picked up 3 different flavors.

I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to try any of them and did your birds totally love it? Sort of like it? Or fling it through out the house???

I give my birds a lot of the ingredients listed in the different worldly cuisines...but not usually all together as these are. My birds always enjoy a treat of warm soft veggies, so I think they'll really enjoy these.

However...you never know!

Toni

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
Kevin the Congo African Grey (DNA'd F) and Ra the Sun Conure
i've never seen these before! I need to get some to try, I think these would go over well.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I haven't tried those. Which flavors did you pick? You will have to let us know how they like it. I have bird street bistro viva la veggies. River really likes it. I offered some to Pepper she ate some of it too. I have some volkman soak n simmer, I haven't cooked any of that yet.

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
I use the goldenfeast cookables, but if the higgins is cheaper (and it most likely is, goldenfeast is crazy locally) and the birdies like it, I see a new food in our future

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
I saw there's a package you can get that has 4 oz of each of the 8 higgens flavors. Might have to get that sometime. That tax return needs to hurry and get here. I want a freezer, I need more space for birdie food lol. (Wouldn't hurt to have room for people food either)

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
People food? Isn;t that just birdie leftovers?

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
People food? Isn;t that just birdie leftovers?

Yep! Birdie leftovers plus the terrible processed junk we wouldn't imagine feeding to our fids, but happily feed ourselves lol

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I will have to look for them. Someone recommended the Crazy Corn products to me if Pete failed to convert to pellets. And I guess Merlin likes them as well. No one stocks them locally anymore though, so if I try them, I will have to order them.

Seeing as how limited my diet is these days, anything that is specifically for birds might be something good for me to try. I make veggies specifically for them each day.

I hear ya on bird food taking over the house. Merlin's previous owners sent me what was left of 2 40lb bags (and most of it was left!). I had ordered 2 5lb bags of Harrison's for Pete, which are still here, and Rowdy's Zupreem is here as well. Oh and Merlin and Rowdy like 2 different flavors of Nutriberries so I have a bunch of those here, too! Eventually Pete and Merlin will be eating the same pellets and I will have more room:)

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
I saw them at mysafebirdstore and was going to pick up a pack or two. Let us know how they like them!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I have had a few of these that need to be cooked. I do not remember which one has the garlic but it gives your bird garlic breath for a while. They are pretty good. I use them to make my mashes. Today for instances I cookes some veggies half way, added some cooked Quinoa and some of Higgins, hemp seed and some celery seed. Both my birds went after it for breakfast. The rest went into freezer containers.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
I was looking at one of the crazy corn mixes last night. It looks like something I want to eat myself! Things like bananas, pistachios, rice, cinnamon.... sounds yummy to me! lol

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I was looking at one of the crazy corn mixes last night. It looks like something I want to eat myself! Things like bananas, pistachios, rice, cinnamon.... sounds yummy to me! lol

I thought so, too, lol! I should buy a couple and see how they go over.

Amarion

Feb 14, 2012
Good posting. I also offered some to Pepper she ate some of it too.
I have some volkman soak n simmer, I haven't cooked any of that yet.
Thanks for sharing that....

michell448

Sep 27, 2010
Illinois
Parrots
TAG (Gabby)
Indian Ring Neck (Kiwi)
B&G Macaw (Petey)
1 out of 4 of my birds liked the Higgins worldly cuisine. But would not gobble it up. All of my birds like Crazy Corn Polly Pasta. Actually all of my birds like all 5 flavors of Crazy corn. They actually get excited when they see their bowl coming. It also saves time I cook up a couple batches and freeze it.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
roxynoodle welcome back. Alison and sweetie pie:D

PaperLantern

Jan 14, 2012
Northern Maine
Parrots
Chubby - Pineapple GCC // Furbie - Rest In Peace my little baby <3
I often make the "Passage to India" one for my GCC. He LOVES it! Its the sweeter one with corn, almonds, cinnamon, raisins, rice, etc. I usually add a few veggies while its cooking...some carrots and spinach, etc.

I wanted to try the garden one but the ingredients list onions? I thought onions weren't safe for parrots.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I bought some of the Inca Bean but haven't given it to the birds yet since they are new to fresh food and won't eat anything but pellets and seed. I might have to try it though because the one thing the babies did eat were kidney beans. I agree, the ingredient list on the packages make me hungry!!!

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
I tried the African Sunset and I ended up sharing it with mt Molly! LOL It is really good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! Molly really enjoyed it too! :)

MySafeBirdStore

Apr 16, 2012
My birds really like it! I haven't tried all of the flavors yet. I like that it is super easy to make and is find to feed my small to larger birds, from my Green Cheek Conure and Caique to my Macaws! I bring home a new flavor every few weeks in between the other cookables I feed.

Most Reactions