Home alone with a SPIDER!!!

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
OK I am a severe arachnophobic. When I say severe I mean I can't even get near a spider. When I see one I have a full blown panic attack to the point where I can't breath and I am in tears. Today after letting Loki fly around I spotted one on my roof!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I had an instant panic attack and couldn't breath. My boyfriend was on the phone trying to talk me down and talk me into killling it. Finally after about 30 minutes I threw a book at the roof and I thought I killed it.....It's still up there and I'm not sure if its dead or not....I can't even relax now :(

This is probably hilarious to a lot of people which I can understand:p.....I wish I could overcome this fear!!!

Anyone else have arachnophobia or a severe fear of something?????

I'm still checking on it every 5 seconds.....argggg any suggestions on what I should do?????:52:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I have an arachnologist friend who could give you a tour of their lab - 5 minutes in there should cure any phobia. It's pretty cool what can be done with them (she studies their behavior and neurobiology).

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Hmmm... spider. If I were in that situation, I'd probably catch it and keep it as a pet.... Personally though, I can't even think of anything I'm really afraid of, used to have a fear of heights though. I had to overcome that, at school camp there was a 19m high giant swing. They haul you up then you have to tug on a rope to let go. It's fun, but I was wobbly for about10 minutes after. Just thought of one... I'm always terrified that my birds will get sick, so I have about $240 saved up for emergencies. Lucky you don't live here. I can only think of 4 spiders that aren't dangerous over here. A few of these spiders could definitely um... kill you without medical help. And the snakes. We have ONE non-deadly snake. And it's endangered. The most common here have been known to kill in 30 minutes.

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
Ugh. Phobias suck.. I am deathly scared of rivers/dark water, not lakes though, I have gotten over that fear. I feel like when I jump in the water some sort of something will grab my feet. I am also deathly scared of sharks and aligators (one of the reasons I am so scared of rivers and stuff).

It used to be so bad that I wouldn't even go into my swimming pool or hot tub by myself! Ugh. It is so embarassing when my friends go swimming in the river and I am too scared to go in. If someone pushes me in I have a full-blown crazy attack and start crying. >_<

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Ugh. Phobias suck.. I am deathly scared of rivers/dark water, not lakes though, I have gotten over that fear. I feel like when I jump in the water some sort of something will grab my feet. I am also deathly scared of sharks and aligators (one of the reasons I am so scared of rivers and stuff).

It used to be so bad that I wouldn't even go into my swimming pool or hot tub by myself! Ugh. It is so embarassing when my friends go swimming in the river and I am too scared to go in. If someone pushes me in I have a full-blown crazy attack and start crying. >_<

I know how you feel! I just spend two hours having a panick attack and calling my dad and boyfriend to talk me through things.....I still ended up not being able to kill it so I had to go ask one of my neighbors...talk about embarrasing!!

It's such a tiny little thing too.....its dead now MUHAHAHAHA.:smile039: It's not even the fear of being bitten or poisoned by them its just them being around me or even just touching one that gets to me......

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
I have an arachnologist friend who could give you a tour of their lab - 5 minutes in there should cure any phobia. It's pretty cool what can be done with them (she studies their behavior and neurobiology).

I doubt that would cure me...I would probably end up having a panic attack and passing out LOL.

I do have to agree that spiders are very interesting. I have studied them a bit myself. As long as they aren't near me or in my house then I'm ok with them.

Ratzy, you would keep it as a pet wouldn't you!!!;) lol crazy girl:cool:

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Well, just two days ago, I caught two HUGE spiders in one day. One in my basement and one outside my house. I brought them to my school to look under microscopes. One was a wolf spider and the other was a jumping spider. After studing them and taking pictures, I let them go, very fascinating creatures.

I have quite a few phobias myself as well. My worst one is raccoons. I'm just terrified beyond infinity of them. I just have this fear of one attacking me. I don't know why and when I see a raccoon, I get into full blown defense mode, ready to kick if those things go anywhere near me. I'm even afraid of the tame, pet raccoons. Nope, can't stand them. I freak out a lot too when I see raccoons.

And another thing that bothers me, not so much a phobia, but it sure gives me severe willies. And that is lace piercing. It's becoming popular and quite a few kids I know have it. This is what it looks like. Can you imagine having piercings like that, streching you skin and other harmful things:
piercings.jpg

piercings2.jpg

Ugghhhhhhh, what has the world come to????

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Ap, Racoons are sooooo cute! lol but I can see why people wouldn't like them since they can be pretty dirty little things.

Those piercings are very extreme. The only things pierced on me are my two ears hahaha. I couldn't bring myself to do that to my body. Plus what is going to happen when those girls get old???? saggy lace much???? No offense to anyone on here who has this!!!!!! just MHO

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
OMG you guys! GRROODDY! Ewwwwww..... All I can think about is how much that would hurt. I know SOOO many girls that have peirced their bodies themselves. One of my friends peirced her nose in a mall bathroom with a earing. OW..

(No offense to anyone who has them on here).

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Ap, Racoons are sooooo cute! lol but I can see why people wouldn't like them since they can be pretty dirty little things.

Those piercings are very extreme. The only things pierced on me are my two ears hahaha. I couldn't bring myself to do that to my body. Plus what is going to happen when those girls get old???? saggy lace much???? No offense to anyone on here who has this!!!!!! just MHO

Uggghhhhhh, raccoons are so creepy in every way.

Extreme piercings and tattoos give me severe case of the willies. I'm fine with all single piercings anywhere, but things like the lace and also, stretching your earlobes to put those gaping holes in your ears, no-no. Bothers me.

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Lol I have seen that picture before!!! Scary!!!! to me at least....

Me and my family are artists and know a lot of tattoo artists so I have seen some pretty freaky people! like lizardman lol Usually they are the nicest people in the world too! :)

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
yeah. speaking of lizard man, another thing that gives me the willies too is splitting your tongue to get a forked tongue and look like a lizard. ughhhhhh. disgustinggg....

OP
Beilana

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
hahaha I agree!!! I can't even imagine how painful that would be.....even when I bite my tounge I cry :( Lol!

possibly my biggest "willy" moment was when I watched a part of jacka55 where he cuts in between his fingers and toes with paper........AHHHHHHHHHHH seriously I only watched that one part and havn't watched any since...

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
hahaha I agree!!! I can't even imagine how painful that would be.....even when I bite my tounge I cry :( Lol!

possibly my biggest "willy" moment was when I watched a part of jacka55 where he cuts in between his fingers and toes with paper........AHHHHHHHHHHH seriously I only watched that one part and havn't watched any since...

AHH! I watched that one too. Didnt he also papercut his tongue? Ew. Just thinking about it gives me the willies.

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
This link is to one of my good friends
www.powerhousetattoos.co.nz
click gallery
click the alien

He is one of the kindest people I know and would do almost anythinb for anyone
he works here
www.parrotranch.co.nz
I always loved birds but after visiting his work and helping out for a few days that love was on a totally different level

Ps : my fear at 25yrs old is the dark
I have an intense fear or someone breaking into my house and killing me
it's sooooo not cool
I have never spent a night Alone since age 7

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Despite my moniker, I really only had one fear, and it is one that became reality 5 weeks ago. I really don't know what I would have done had I not stumbled onto this site. We think we build up all of these defenses against our fears, but it can all go splat very quickly. So yes, Beilana, I completely understand.

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
I SO know how you feel about spiders OMG if theres a spider in my room or in the house at all I WILL NOT go into the room it is in (even the bathroom i'll go to a gas station and use there bathrooms). The thing that honest grosses me out the most is lip pericings I seriously throw up a little everytime I see someone with there lip periced

Most Reactions

Latest posts