Hosting the president

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I thought this was so cool and wanted to share!
One of my step dad's friend got to host a reception party/fund raiser for President Obama on the 6th. How unreal is that! When things like this happen the world seems so small lol

Obama's visit, which will last less than 12 hours, began at the home of Flipboard CEO Mike McCue and his wife, Marci, in Palo Alto for an early evening reception.

Guests, who paid anywhere from $2,500 to $12,000 to attend the event, began lining up around 5 p.m. to get into the McCue's residence.

Marci McCue, who spoke outside of her home Thursday morning, admitted that she was both nervous and excited to host the president of the United States at her charming, seven-bedroom, multi-million, pale yellow home, fully decked out with red-white-and-blue banners.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Amazing some people are sure lucky......

mtdoramike : Obama is visiting South African between 26 June to 3 July

Would you like me to ask him some of your questions LoL

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
At those prices i can't afford to give him a piece of my mind.

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
Charming 7 bedroom home! LOL. I live in a different world for sure. Can you imagine that home owner having parrots? NOT

I honor the office but I'm with you Merlee.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I'm not really into politics, so I have little opinion except he seems like a really awesome guy(I'm not saying he's a awesome President, just awesome individual). Please don't try to explain what he has done that you like/do not like since I'm sure everyone has strong opinions and we don't want to start a debate.

Charming 7 bedroom home! LOL. I live in a different world for sure. Can you imagine that home owner having parrots? NOT

I honor the office but I'm with you Merlee.
LOL Why couldn't you imagine them having parrots? Not that they do.

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
I like debates but I will honor your request.

The word "charming" in front of 7 bedroom home was what cracked me up. No offense intended.

How can I explain the assumption that they don't own parrots. Hmmm. Well 7 bedroom homes are not very common. I assume a person who requires a 7 bedroom home has an image they wish to maintain that likely includes houseguests and entertaining large groups. Parrots might not be very appealing as they are messy, noisy and need lots of attention.

Most Reactions

Latest posts