How I spent last week...

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I have been ridiculously busy this past week with MORE to do today!:52: My brain is about to give out at this point:30: On Tuesday our landlords reminded us they were having a yard sale Fri/Sat and asked if we wanted to bring anything up to sell. DID WE EVER lol!

Naturally, I just had my hubby help me lug our very heavy desk outside to paint (and needed to get it done because the weather in always iffy here) when I was reminded of the impending yard sale. So, I took that as the 'push' I needed to reorganize the storage space of doom we had going on:eek: I don't even know how we weren't living in 'hoarder' conditions because we basically got rid of a car load of stuff. So I spent Mon.-Thurs. switching between painting and organizing during the day and sewing the cushion covers for our patio set at night. Late Thursday afternoon, once the desk got back inside, I decided it looked so nice in comparison to my plants, so I ran to the hardware store then repotted my plants. I spent ALL day Friday and most of the day yesterday helping with the garage sale, and I couldn't be happier all that junk is GONE!!!!:D (what didn't sell went straight to the goodwill). Kiwi was thrilled too, as he came up and hung out all day on both garage sale days with me (and thoroughly enjoyed all the attention he got). Now I need to do a thorough cleaning, as my BIL will be visiting and I have to stay up tomorrow until 2:30am to go get him from the airport.

I really wish I had a maid or something at times like these, but alas, I must run around like a headless chicken. The great thing about it staying light out until after 9pm is crazy people like me can work until long past when they should have packed it in for the day....

My storage area "before":22_yikes:

DSC_5221_zps285cdd68.jpg

DSC_5223_zps58b1bbdc.jpg

Our desk "before" (I love our orange clock, but when I decided to paint the inside of the desk orange, I have HATED it since day one. And it all peeled and got gross:

DSC_3834_zps0607b359.jpg

DSC_5218_zpsc2e735c9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Our storage area after (not perfect, but much, much better:)). I still have to make new labels for the boxes, but at least I can access the boxes now!

DSC_5266_zps4367a484.jpg

DSC_5265_zps774964e9.jpg

Annnddd... the desk! It looks so pretty now:) I know it's just a junker computer desk, but I've always really like the shape of it...
DSC_5273_zps0cccd16a.jpg

My re-potted plants
DSC_5274_zps0ff0b22a.jpg

And I made this chair cover a couple weeks ago, but I knew I would be at some point repainting the desk, so I also made a slipcover for the less than perfect looking chair;)
DSC_5277_zpsc00e7604.jpg

DSC_5276_zps30a2fdf5.jpg

DSC_5275_zps5d95cc56.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow April! (how many replies to your threads do I start with those words?!)
Even your storage area looks so nice! :) Although I love bright orange, I agree the desk looks much better now.
The plants have matching new homes... and your chair is wearing a cute 'dress' lol :D Looks great as always.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
April, all of it looks great! Your hard work really paid off!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Wow April! (how many replies to your threads do I start with those words?!)
Even your storage area looks so nice! :) Although I love bright orange, I agree the desk looks much better now.
The plants have matching new homes... and your chair is wearing a cute 'dress' lol :D Looks great as always.

The orange looks nice as a splash of color on the clock, but overwhelmed everything in large quantities.... I love the pale aqua-ish paint SO much better. I've actually painted multiple things in that color, so now everything is cohesive (and not neon orange, the desk wasn't the only orange thing;))

(NOT advertising, just explaining) I sell stuff on ebay, so thats what a lot of the stuff in the tiny little storage area was... I have to have it in the boxes to keep off dust and I also wrap fragile items in storage to keep them in the condition I list them as. Every time I sold something it was a NIGHTMARE to find and usually on the bottom of a stack of boxes, so I had to unstack 6 boxes to get one thing:rolleyes: So much easier to get to everything now and all of our personal stored stuff is out of the way and well hidden in those stacking blue bins:)

My poor little plants all needed repotting for some time, and one even died:( The hangers-on got roomier 'homes' and I used the leftover faux plant I cut up for my newt tank to replace the dead plant (bet no one can you tell which one is fake on first glance:54:)

And I never looked at our chair as wearing a dress lol. Don't tell my husband, as he's often the one who sits in that chair:eek: The moment he saw it, he started complaining about the girly fabric lol, lets not let him in on the fact it also looks like a frilly dress:54:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
My poor little plants all needed repotting for some time, and one even died:( The hangers-on got roomier 'homes' and I used the leftover faux plant I cut up for my newt tank to replace the dead plant (bet no one can you tell which one is fake on first glance:54:)

And I never looked at our chair as wearing a dress lol. Don't tell my husband, as he's often the one who sits in that chair:eek: The moment he saw it, he started complaining about the girly fabric lol, lets not let him in on the fact it also looks like a frilly dress:54:

Hard to say in pics especially, but I'd say the fake plant is the one on the far left with the small leaves. Either that or the fern looking one above it. :)

LOL about the chair :D yes, it's best not to tell him since you don't want him to have to find somewhere else to sit from now on haha. Really though, that is some expert looking workmanship on the chair cover! I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Schooner

May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Oh man! Good job! Isn't it such a relief when big projects like that finally get finished??

I was doing something like that this week myself! Clearing out all the dried up brush and branches in my backyard. I keep peeking out the window now just because I love seeing how neat everything looks lol.

Most Reactions