How mouthy is your Conure?

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
My 1 year old Jenday is MOUTHY! He always has to be doing something with his mouth. Whether it's destroying toys, mouthing my fingers, chewing on my clothes, chewing on jewelry, or pulling earrings from my ears... Kellan is on an endless loop of oral fixation ROFL. Plus he's a chatty Cathy lol.

How mouthy are your Conures??:p

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Sounds about right! I have 6 and though none of them
Are biters they are all like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Omg yes! My black Capped Conure is the same. He can not just chill he has to be doing something and he loves to nip and chew fingers.

I hope he will out grow most of it. My bird is 9 months old
iuJfQmqKmRXdDXaS7

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Moderatly, I think ? You'll be hard-pressed to find a conure that isn't xP

Kermit my GCC likes to check out everything with her beak first. Sometimes she likes to drag her beak across a surface and run across it to feel the texture ! (called snow-plowing, I believe :) ). When I offer my finger for her to step up or want to scritch her face, she'll probably beak it a little to say hi. She enjoys trying to preen us awkward featherless humans (earings, moles, freckles, odd red dots...)

That is of course, very different from mean-bites or scared-bites. So far her mean-bites haven't been bad (i.e. haven't drawn blood... yet) and since we try to listen to her quickly, they haven't escalated.

I'm told GCC are the good children of the conure world, by comparison of some of the others xP Best of luck !

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Yep. Miss Kyo also has a busy beak. Usually trying to take things that don't belong to her :p

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Rb is 32 and hasn't slowed down one bit.
He has perfected the art of singing/yelling WHILE beaking, too.
Plus, thanks to Mr. Wrench, he now has a bell with which he can beak and ring and shriek and yell "NO!" all at once.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_bEugmdk0"]rickeybirdproductions - bell - YouTube[/ame]
How's that for beaky? :)

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
I have special tshirts for around the house, so when I let Sheldon out he's got something to destroy and it's not my good shirts. When I head out, I change so I dont look like a slob. LOL

OP
LoveMyConlan

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
Kellan is all about putting everything on his mouth! He's worse than a toddler! Lol. My Gcc goes between grooming and biting, but she hates toys. Total diva/perch patato...

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Kellan is all about putting everything on his mouth! He's worse than a toddler! Lol. My Gcc goes between grooming and biting, but she hates toys. Total diva/perch patato...

Thats funny she is not into toys. My little guy likes his toys when he does not have a finger to chew on. When he is out of the cage no toy works long. He likes hair ties, pens, cell phones, soft wood, papper and water.

Most Reactions

Latest posts