How to find out exactly...

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
how old your CAG is.

What can you learn and where about their band?

I've tried google etc.

Sparky has been to the vet today to have her nail cut, she will need to go a few more times yet due to them being bad. What was interesting is that she was supposed to be 8 years old. So technically should have a 05 band on, but her band says 92 making her nearer 21.

Our vet did say that sometimes when they're banded they can just grab any tag, but does this really happen? Because it would be very misleading if it did and no one would be able to trace the bird's history....

So, just wondering on your thoughts.

As far as we know, she's in very good condition despite being on a 'seed' (albeit a good one) diet. We're trying to wean in some pellets and fruit and veg but she's only interested in Sugar snap peas, sweetcorn, and banana chips. She won't touch any fresh.

Her coat is dull, but he'd also seen worse, she's the head of a female, but the body of a male. (500g in weight) but it's not fat she's well built.

So unless she is dna tested still pretty much non the wiser to her sex.

We'll persevere with the diet and hopefully she'll start to shine, like Bobby does. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You can't tell their age unless they're really old and that's when they really show their age....Their bands can be false but it can also just be a identifying number instead of year!

OP
K

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
Thank you.

Really interesting. I guess we might never know if she's 8 or 21 then. lol

I will try and dig deeper though. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Only so far you can go unless you know which breeder he came from. I asked a company that makes bands to find out where JoJo came from for over a year I've been waiting for answer.

Most Reactions