How to tell if your bird likes music?

andrea.b

Sep 29, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Connie - Green Cheek Conure
Hi Guys,
I hope I'm not asking too many questions. I try to answer some too but as a beginner my advice giving is limited.

So me and Aladdin love listening to music and he's also part of a band and they get together often to "jam". All this musical stuff usually happens in Aladdin's room because he shares a student house with 4 roommates. The music he plays isn't loud, I'd say it's in the "folk" genre.

Connie stays in Aladdin's room 90% of the time and when he plays music either from his ipod or with the band, Connie tends to screech. We're used to it now and it doesn't bother us. It's not the ear splitting calling screeches she does, it's more like conversational screeching (medium volume).

Its actually pretty cute because Connie sits on Aladdin's shoulder and preens his hair while he plays guitar. When his band friends are over she also sits on one particular friend's shoulder. I think he's her favourite friend because he has longer hair, she's happiest when she's embedded in someone's hair.

I'm just concerned because I don't know if she's screeching because she doesn't like the noise. Could she be screeching because its scaring her?

They usually practise around 8pm, around the time that Connie herself gets louder and more rambunctious.

So what do you guys think? Is she scared or do you think she views it as a night time screeching session with the flock? Or is it something else?
- How can I tell if she's enjoying it?
- How can I tell if she's scared?

She's always happy being in a group of people that she recognizes. And I know she recognizes his friends, she sees them a lot and her behaviour around them is different then her behaviour with strangers. When Aladdin's friends are around, that's the closest thing to a flock that she has. She spends some time alone during the day so I wouldn't want to take her away from something she enjoys.

Thanks!
also I apologize for rambling.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts