human forum....

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
beau says.....

i love to chew wood, my human recently bought me some lovely wooden toys, and even a tiki take out foraging toy.
well they're nice and all but i much rather eat the door and her coffee table.
i think my human is impressed with my work cos she squeals and runs over to see what i'm doing.
i'm so proud of myself, i'm a true artist going for the lived in look!
termites have nothing on me!!

See, he can tell how proud you are of his artwork, LOL!! Too Funny!

Oh my! I could picture this all from the chewing to you running to him!

he's started on the wall now, bits of plaster everywhere, never a dull moment in this house!! :22_yikes:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am honestly trying to figure out what Mishka would say about me

Does mommy ever stop talking
How many times have I told her I want to go to the bathroom to poopie and when I walked to the bathroom she laughed at me
When I tell her the boom booms are coming, she always says the boom booms are gone
I know it's Jenny's doggies that are barking, who else has dogs
When I say do you want popcorn, she always repeats it after me
I have told her so many times I want to go to the Kruger Park, with Sterretjie, is she ever going to answer me
Do you want coffee I ask, then she says who drinks coffee mommy................ duh who did I just offer coffee to
I ask her daily mommy Mishka is a girl? she replies I hope so Mishka, so am I a girl or a boy?
She knows I poopie in the potty, yet tells me 20 times a day, where does Mishka poopie
Whenever I start beat boxing, she interrupts and makes those stupid sounds

At night when she talks and talks to me, I say call the police pee paa pee paa, she thinks its cute, when will they come take her away

How many times a day does that train go choo choo, and that poor airplane crashes

Mommy thinks I am joking when I say shuuuuuu ukkkk oh shut up, she definitely has a bird brain and I am not joking

Last edited:
OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
'when will they come and take her away'!! thats too funny xxxxx

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Wrong, Ant... I will take care of this for Misha... on the Our Parront's talking thread:

Can any of you birds advise me on my parront? You know how much I treasure Mommy, so please believe me when I promise I will never, ever, give up on her and wouldn't consider a rehome. She is absolutely precious to me, which is all the more reason for me to try to manage her behavior before it goes too much farther. i know I should just love her and accept her as she is, but my concerns are significant.

So, please don't judge her too harshly, or me for allowing this.

1) She has an alarming tendency to suddenly jump up in the middle of one of our conversations and run for the eye piece. Apparently she needs this to see clearly, or she is merely addicted to holding it and aiming it at me. Here I am trying to tell her something important, or get her to concentrate on her training, and whammy, she is up again and putting that thing to her eye and aiming it at me. She hops around my perch or where-ever I am, and honestly, it is getting embarrassing. I know some of you other birds have mentioned similar behavior by your own parronts, but this is extreme and I don't want to have to do what that one bird did and just stop speaking whenever a human enters the room carrying one of those things.

2) My mommy isn't cage trained. There. I said it. I know that the rest of you our ruffling your feathers in disgust, but I have to be honest. She does retreat to that white room, but who knows what really goes on in there. I know it has something to do with coffee... or with what happens later after coffee. But she is so secretive that I can't properly monitor her droppings. Should I get her to the human vet????

3) I know this is very controversial, but about her wings.... I am ashamed to say that she is thoroughly clipped. She can't get lift, heck, she goes splat if she tries flying at all. I didn't do it, I swear on my gray dust and red tail, she came that way, but I know that it is probably screwing up her development and I have been trying to give her some of my feathers to address her lack but she doesn't seem to get the gist of the message.

4) last, but not least, I think that she is just a little, well, human brained. She is always repeating herself...I am not kidding here, she has been known to utter the same phrase over and over, even using the same inflection and exaggeration. She jumps up when bells ring and runs around crazy like when she is doing her thing with the boxes and the nuts. And okay... this is hard to say... but instead of eating the nuts she....gasp...puts them in boxes and sends them away. I know that I need to get her on a balanced diet but how the heck is a bird supposed to handle such weird behavior.

So, in conclusion... Misha loves her mommy, don't you birdies doubt it... but I love her to distraction despite her flaws and she has a place with me forever.
Misha

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Barbara thank you that was so beautifully written, I am honestly so touched
36_1_67.gif

I am sure Mishka would be so grateful to you for writing on her behalf.
You hit the nail on the head with the eye piece LoL that is such an accurate explanation, I am sure Mishka agrees with you 100% on that one.
36_13_13.gif

As for mommy isn't cage trained I do keep that one a secret from Mishka, she would tell everyone when mommy poopies !!!!!! and probably how many times as well.
10_4_6.gif

I swear on my gray dust and red tail, she came that way (I love that saying)
Now I realize why Mishka is collecting her feathers, they are for me !!!!! OMG
She is always repeating herself, I guess that is why I have a bird brain

I know that I need to get her on a balanced diet but how the heck is a bird supposed to handle such weird behavior . Instead of eating the nuts she....gasp...puts them in boxes and sends them away.
LoL business is business and the show must go on.
3_4_101.gif

The best part of the entire message
Mishka loves her mommy, don't you birdies doubt it... but I love her to distraction despite her flaws and she has a place with me forever.

11_9_16.gif

Last edited:

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Just telling it like it is....Ant. I am pretty sure Merry would have answered Mishka that the mailing off of the nuts definitely indicated the need for a human vet appointment and Sam would have suggested only talking in the middle of the night to avoid rewarding the strange flapping around with the eyepiece thing. Gem would have sympathized with Mishka about having a non - cage trained parront and suggested hiding under Mommy 's hair so that you can catch her in the act...so to speak. Teechka would advise Mishka to just turn her back on all inappropriate behavior as maybe it would go away from lack of reward and that would have stirred up a big controversy between the "reward vs.ignore " flocks that would escalate until one of the super moderator birds had to take a firm perch and advise respect for differing approaches to parrontal miss behavior. Then Mishka would initiate a new thread titled ...oh something like: Teaching your old parronts new tricks to which Gem would reply, Can't be done! "

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
mossy says....

my human has gone mad, she's started calling me mr cranky pants! has she forgotten my name? sure i've been a bit moody, but i am going through a molt!
also she keeps asking me 'what does a cat say?' i'm pretty sure she wants me to say meow, but i'm a parrot not a cat!!! maybe i should take her to the vet for some eye medicine!
as humans go, she aint so bad, she gives me nice things to eat and snuggles, she even scratches my sore molting head for me, but i do like my own space and don't always want to be touched (i think she gets that).
if she asks me to meow one more time i'll show her how cranky my pants can be!!

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
This is what Cody would say:

"Hello! My name's Cody! :) My human's name is Brittney. She's ok I guess. She can be really annoying sometimes though. She actually expects me to do commands for food! The nerve, right? Who is she to tell me what to do? I'll humor her a few times, do a few twirls/flips/handshakes, maybe step up, just to get some goodies. But then I'll lay a good bite on her to put her back in her place! Isn't it fun to train your humans?! I love it when she takes me into the kitchen to make me some food. I'll keep flying up the top step just to wait for her to come up and get me (I'll bite her if she tries to take a shortcut and reach for me from the floor, she HAS to climb the stairs for me to step up!). Then, when she climbs up the stairs, I'll politely step up for her. But then, once we get to the bottom, I'll fly right back up! hahahaha! I've been doing an experiment to see how many times I have to do it to get her to give up, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll just have to keep trying harder! Like I said, it's so fun to train your person! :p I can tell she really tries though, and I do have a lot of great times with her (just between you and me, she gives the best scratches on earth!!), but sometimes I just want my space and for some reason she doesn't seem to get that sometimes. But, all in all, I think I'll keep her around! She keeps me fed, watered, and entertained! !"

The little devil! :p And yes, he does that stairs thing ALL THE FREAKING TIME! lol. Drives me crazy! :D I think he really does get a kick out of it!

Most Reactions