I introduce to you, Percy!!

Percy

Jul 31, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Percy the yellow-sided GCC and his sidekick, Peanut, a green-yellow parakeet.
I brought Percy home today, my new 3 month old Yellowsided Conure!

He is so sweet, already flying (fluttering) to me, and snuggling up under my chin for a beak rub and nap. I'm so in love!!

ry%3D400

Percy's cage set-up:
ry%3D400

I built him a play stand from scratch too:
ry%3D400

Already had a check-up with a vet recommended by the Association of Avian Veterinarians and s/he is in perfect health.
He's moving along already to a healthier pellet/seed mix and we've feasted on apples, green beans, spinach, and blueberries today... along with multiple naps!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Wow that's fantastic [he soooo cute] . Hes going to have a mansion for a house :) . Im new to conures I got my yellowsided in May [hes a year old] .

GCC2012

Aug 12, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
GCC
He is adorable! My Percy (Perseus) is about a year old. Glad the Vet check went well its always a bit of a scare but we were lucky too he is fighting fit.
How does your Percy go on the gym? We got one and spent more time building it than Perseus has playing on it! He's just not that into his, I don't know why they look like heaps of fun!

OP
P

Percy

Jul 31, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Percy the yellow-sided GCC and his sidekick, Peanut, a green-yellow parakeet.
I think he is still warming up to the play stand. He only really chews on the rope. I have the play stand on the coffee table and I watch him from the sofa... but it seems he'd rather be with me so he does a little bobbing dance and even leaps/flutters off and wants to snuggle under my chin. Even in his new cage he bobs up and down and wants to come out...

Tonight is the first night in the house. He's hanging in the upper right corner of the cage and I've put my hand-sewn cage cover I made that fits like a glove - so far, not a peep from the cage. Now, this brings up a question... I had a tent in there but the ladies at my local bird store said to take it out and not put one in for another three or four months because they get territorial or something and affects the bonding. Is this true? Should I wait? Is this why he likes to snuggle under my chin? My partner came home later and met Percy for the first time today and Percy, within minutes, was all snugly and sleeping under his chin as well... I just feel bad knowing he likes to sleep all cozy and hate thinking he's just hanging from the upper corner of the cage despite plenty of perches.

Sarbear

Aug 7, 2013
Parrots
Blue my IRN, Peaches my Lovebird, Tilly & Max my breeder cockatiels, Bell & Benji my baby cockatiels and Mario, Luigi, Lemon, Lady, Cho Cho, Fritz, Cheeky & Daisy my budgies
Sooooo cute....!!!!!

GCC2012

Aug 12, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
GCC
I haven't heard that about the huts or tents. We probably got Perseus hut about a week after he came home as we couldn't find one locally and had to order online. He loves it and has spent every night sleeping in it since. He'll go in there for naps too sometimes or climb on the top for fun but be only goes inside to sleep.
Our Perseus didn't really warm to us for the first 3-4 weeks, you could tell he wanted to but it took about that long to gain his trust and for him to stop biting. I'm not sure if the hut had anything to do with it but I strongly doubt it. He's had the hut all the time and now is as snugly as can be, especially under my Husbands bearded chin! He actually wants to shave but is keeping it just for Perseus!
I'd get him one, we rotate Percy's toys and cage set up all the time but always keep his hut in there and he loves it.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Definitively give him a hut/tent. Just make sure you check it often for loose thread. I buy mine from here and the thread is well hidden on purpose :)
Just Bird Tents.com

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Also as a baby, you may want to get him shreddable toys for his cage....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Congrats on your new baby, Percy is adorable!!!! :)

Most Reactions