I just finished my first molt

Scotty T

May 26, 2011
Parrots
Red Factor Sun Conure
It sure feels good to have all those pin feathers gone ;-)

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

:orange:

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
That is one gorgeous bird!!! Is your bird's name "Peach" and it's a Sun Conure? Do Sun Conures normally have green and such on their heads when they're little?

edit: that last photo is really clear and really shows how stunning your birdy is. ;)

Last edited:

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
That is one gorgeous bird!!! Is your bird's name "Peach" and it's a Sun Conure? Do Sun Conures normally have green and such on their heads when they're little?

edit: that last photo is really clear and really shows how stunning your birdy is. ;)

Yes they do. Sun conures dont really reach their true colors until they are about two years old, but they get mostly there after their first full molt. Pyro has some green on his head right now because he's just a baby and hasn't even dropped one feather.

OP
Scotty T

Scotty T

May 26, 2011
Parrots
Red Factor Sun Conure
I never named her peach although my daughter wanted me to.

She's not really red, if you look at her in the sun light she's a deep orange. It's funny how deceiving the camera can be. Beautiful none the less.

Most importantly she is a very friendly bird and loves everyone. That's the best part.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
My goodness! WOW! Almost need sunglasses to look at her she's so brightly colored. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Toni

OP
Scotty T

Scotty T

May 26, 2011
Parrots
Red Factor Sun Conure
She is truly beautiful. I would love a Sun that color! Is this the red factor?

I'm undecided as to whether or not it's red factor.
There is some red around the eyes but she is mostly orange.
Waiting for her 2 year molt.

None the less she's beautiful.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
She is a beautiful colour:) Thats the first Peach Conure I have seen! They are quite rare in the UK :(

bluedragon76

Apr 3, 2011
Yes she is a red factor.I am the breeder of this very pretty bird.I have posted the parents of the bird on here as well.You can see them by looking up my name.:orange: Her mom is a normal and dad is a red factor.

Most Reactions

Latest posts