I Love Amazons - Starting a New Journey!

Sep 20, 2017
hamilton ontario
Parrots
Buddy DYH, Chica DYH, Lucky and Sweety BFA, Radar BFA and Missy OWA.
I have a new amazon who is a teenager. They didnt have much background info on him as they only had buddy a few months. . So im guessing. About his past life. He lived with an older couple before that for a long time and was well loved and socialied, He doesnt eat much and ignores the zupreem pellets. The lady had some walmart food ive been told was not good . Im trying a variety of fresh fruits and veggies. He likes meat, beans rice. Berries peanuts. . im getting his trust day by day. What a great talker and he pucks up words so fast.
fc0e20367865cad4fa8c26194c58dc8e.jpg

Sent from my LG-V533 using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Amazons! Nothing like entering this World with one of the larger Amazons: A Double Yellow-Headed Amazons!

Regarding your question and likely want for additional information on Loving and Living with Amazons, please see the two Threads at the top of the Amazon Forum. Each are highlighted in light blue and are referred to as Sticky Threads as they contain information that is important as part of Loving and Living with Amazons. The largest of the two, is titled: I Love Amazons - An On-Going Journey!

The second provides very important information regarding understanding Amazon Body Language! Read this Thread First and often while sitting next to your Amazon! The goal is that you read it aloud as many times as it takes for you to understand it as if it was your First Language. Each Amazons will have their body language, but this base language will always be there. NOTE: If you choose not to learn this Body Language your will get bitten. You will quickly come to understand that they are always communicating and they expect that you will learn their base language and add to that as you get to know them.

Within the I Love Amazons - An On-Going Journey! Thread you will find a number of Segments that you will find very helpful! There is a Segment that speaks to providing your Amazon a Healthy Diet, please read that Segment quickly to begin providing a solid diet!

NOTE: It is not unusual for an Amazon not to eat much when first arriving at a new home! But, it will be important to improve the diet over the next six months to a year to assure his long life.

Read the two Sticky Threads at the top of the Amazon Forum and come back with questions.

After all, Amazons Rule! And, Welcome to the Wonderful World of being an Staff Person for an Amazon!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
As a quick side by side, please see the photo of our Julio. You will note from a couple, too several Body Language statements being may by Julio as he is cooling off after a brief rush of Hormones. Note stance and, head and face feathers. Also, he has added and is still displaying his Red Flash Feathers on his Wings! This would be a clear warning to other Amazons (and Humans) to not mess with him.

uidkZKV.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Sailboat's Amazon: Julio..[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"You talking' to me?!?"
- "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!!!" [/FONT]

Last edited:

Most Reactions