I offended the creature greatly

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Those are really nice for craft projects. :) Very fluffy and a beautiful shade of light green...no wonder you had to pull it.

I do keep wing and tail feathers in a vase, other feathers... well maybe I could start keeping them and make me a cruelty free exotic down pillow :rolleyes: My mom has a trash bag (maybe more than one) of parrot wing and tail feathers she doesn't know what to do with either.

The Ownership thing maybe playing some role in this 'offense.' The 'its mine' because I owned it! 'Its mine' because you currently have it and even worst, paying attention to it! etc, etc, etc....

Probably bit of that at play, but I did it when he wasn't looking and he didn't notice and he doesn't like to be decieved:p He gets even more offended when I get a big wing or tail feather which are large enough I feel my fingers are at a safe enough distance for tickling him with his own feather:eek::mad::D

My Mom would collect butt and arm feathers from Amy..saving them to make a "feather duster" :rolleyes: I still have a large vase filled with them:eek: Maybe your Mom would like them??? ;)

Jim

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
Beautiful crafts with Gabby's feathers, Ladyhawk! I have debated doing similar, but then what would I do with them? I've had good luck on eBay selling used and vintage items, but never been able to sell handmade items anywhere online. I probably just don't have the skills necessary for others to actually want to purchase my crafts:p Yours look great though! Once Miss Kizzy starts loosing some feathers, perhaps you can craft with her pretty feathers and sell them:)

Maybe I haven't tried hard enough to sell them, but I've found the same problem you have. People like them, but don't want to pay what I think they're worth. *shrug* I haven't tried Etsy or eBay, though. I suppose there's still hope.

What have you done with your Amazon's beautiful feathers?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Wait I can buy bird butt feathers on ebay????? BRB surfing auction sites

Most Reactions