I received an early Christmas present today.............

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
But a few days ago, my 2 year old grand baby had to be taking up to the children's hospital in Delaware due to water build up on the brain. So they schedule him for brain surgery this morning. I have been losing my mind for the past couple of days with worry and fret. But this morning, I got my Christmas miracle and he made it through surgery fine and hopefully will be released tomorrow morning, but will not be able to come home until next Tuesday. I call him my little Popo, so if any of you reading this could please say a prayer for Popo i would really appreciate it. He still has a ways to go yet.

But I think I have just found where my next ship model donation will be going..............
biggrin.png

mike

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wonderful news Mike! That's the best gift you can think of I'll bet. What a relief after that sort of worry. Prayers to you and your family. :)

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Thanks Raven, we were either lucky or blessed because had it not been caught in time, he could have suffered a stroke and lost his vision. So lucky or blessed, I don't really care, I will take either or both in a heart beat.

mike

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
I'm the praying kind so I have definitely said a prayer for your Popo and added your family to my prayer list. I have grandson about the same age and I can't fathom how I'd cope in your situation. You have my compassion. Please keep us updated.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That's good news!!! Prayers to little popo. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW, Mike! That had to have been absolutely terrifying and unnerving!

Prayers for Popo! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Oh Mike, I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this.

Hugs and hope to Popo and your family. Merry Christmas to all of you.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Whooooo Hoooooo, the little mouse is out of the house. Popo was released this afternoon after running a slight fever yesterday and throwing up twice. Now he will have to wait up there in Delaware until Tuesday to see his Neurologist to get his traveling papers to come back home. I'm so excited It's hard for me to wait. It really took it out of me when my wife and I weren't able to travel up to Delaware to be with them, but we are both sick with Broncitis and the doctors didn't want him around anyone that was even thinking of being sick to minimize complications. Thank you folks for all your prayers and well wishes, from your lips to God's ear. I have to say, this could have turned out to be the worst Christmas of our life, but rather turned into the best Christmas we have ever had. So if anyone asks me if I believe in miracles I will say you bet I do.

Thanks you from the bottom of our hearts,
mike & rosie

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's wonderful to hear Mike :). Your little Popo will be in your arms soon! I'm sorry you and your wife had Bronchitis which has prevented you from seeing him so far. Hope you two are all better soon. Miracles do happen Mike, and we have to keep believing!

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
I kept checking and checking for an update. I'm so happy your Popo is on the mend.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Thanks Raven & OOwl, we are all on the mend. But for a 2 year old to have to go through what he did was about more than my old heart could bare.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Wow! That is so good to hear! We are praying and I will tell others to pray to for Popo!

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
POPO'S COMING HOME! We got word today that he saw the Doctor this morning and everything looks good so they released him and gave him his travel papers. Now he just has a long drive back home. We can't wait to see that boy. Thank you all for your prayers.

mike

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAYYYY!!!!! I can virtually see you beaming with joy and relief, Mike! AWESOME news!!! Hugs to you and Popo!! :smile015:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mike, I somehow missed this thread! I'm so thrilled that Little Popo is coming home. What a scare, and a wonderful Christmas miracle for you all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts