I should probably start a thread thingee for these two...

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
It's worth remembering Clarke came to us at the end of April, fully afraid of being near humans and cage bound, being sold as an aviary only parrot. Having a bonded IRN at home and being young helped his case I think, along with what we believed to be an interest in humans from a far. Also, an element of letting go of my ideals in a parrot. In my perfect world, they'd both be snuggly and harness trained! But really, this scenario is a pretty big win. When people post about trying to do some things with their parrots - I occasionally wonder if it's for them or for the bird. This is what we were able to achieve, focusing on the bird.

[ame="https://youtu.be/O22LiJYL5Tc"]More Chat - YouTube[/ame]

FYI he now talks as well as Henry, but we don't want to show off all of our progress at once ;)

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Itchyfeet that was lovely LOL. Clarke just sitting there and being kissed by Henry.

Definitely think you have a point though. I dispare of Youtube at times and all the performing monkeys on it.

Thanks for sharing your precious guys, a little treat this morning for me.

Last edited:
OP
itchyfeet

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
I think I've misled you there, sorry crayfish. He was advertised and sold to me as an aviary bird only, although she was aware of my intentions to see if I could work on his fears. She's purchased him as handreared and believed his wasn't because of the trouble they had. I believe he was because of the progress he's making.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh this is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Oh this is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and so heartwarming!

Thank-you, for what you are doing! It brings great joy to everyone when an Parrot can within its own pace find comfort in a new home!

You insights should be highlighted and made require reading for any new Owner.

FYI 1: It also helps to have an insider that is willing to guide the new member! What a wonderful teacher you have there!

FYI 2: We commonly see the results you have there nearer to the 1 to 1.5 year mark! A congratulations to your loving home!

OP
itchyfeet

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that it's Henry's teaching, and we've just done our bit by responding to each stage as Henry gets him there! Also, Clarke was only 6/7months when he came home - we're not dealing with years of undoing.

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for sharing your inspirational video and a bow to the very handsome performers, Henry and Clarke, they're quite the combo. Remarkable progress, both birds look so healthy and happy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts