Melandkids

Feb 24, 2013
Media
Florida
Parrots
Athena -blue crowned conure
Zeus - sun conure
Josey- B&G
I am so excited! I have been trying to keep a strict schedule to help Josey settle into her new home. Well .. I don't know why I felt like Josey needed to see my hands. So I would talk to her real soft and then show her my hands then touch her really softly. Today I went to do it and SHE nudge my hand to scratch her head!!! I did for about a minute. Then she made this sound so I quit. I think she was surprised that I did.
I feel like it is my birthday... So then I got her to eat some fruit. If I am eating it she will but not if I put it in her bowl. So maybe previous owner shared food with her.
Ok here is the big part... We went outside for our daily sun time. She let me walk around in the grass with her and pick her back up with not one bite!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Congrats!!!! Your making progress!!!! I got nipped by Lola pretty good tonight, didn't break skin but it hurt for a bit. She decided she liked my partner and was on my partner's arm. She didn't want to come back to me so she nipped me. But once I got her back on me, she was good once again. Then Willie started getting anxious in his cage so I put her up so I can hold Willie, then Lola got mad watching me with Willie....They're jealous of each other....Bird drama....lol

OP
Melandkids

Melandkids

Feb 24, 2013
Media
Florida
Parrots
Athena -blue crowned conure
Zeus - sun conure
Josey- B&G
Athena has been doing that to me. She snap at me but then wants me to love on her. I think she wants me to know she doesn't like Josey. The funniest thing to me is that Josey and Zeus do exactly the same things like hanging upside down and little silly things. But Josey let them out of their cage and Zeus (lil man sun conure) tries to attack Josey. Josey was scared. I have to watch Josey really careful now. She likes to open the cages. But I am so excited! I am trying to be calm and not show over excitement with her. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Congrats , sounds like shes learning to trust you.:)

Tatiana

Apr 24, 2013
congrats!
my female macaw no matter how hard i try to be nice to her (i clean her cage, i spend the most time with her, i feed her with tasty things and generally only i feed her) doesnt like me at all! its been already 4th month and no improvement. i feel for you how happy you should be! i had parakeets before when i was living in Russia. they were everything to me! i felt they loved me just like i did! and it does hurt when I see the bird who i like a lot doesnt return that love to me back.
so again congrats! :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Tatiana,

Anyone else in your household she prefers???

Most Reactions

Latest posts