I took Mac outside this afternoon in his travel

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
cage and sat out on the front porch with him. I got a real kick out of him because when ever someone would walk by the front of the house on the sidewalk, Mac would say "hello" or "hello Mac". A lady was walking by and Mac said hello, she said hello back and then he replied back to her with hellooooooo and then hello Mac. Then she walked over to Mac's cage and said, I'm not a Mac laughing. So Mac responded to her, "it's OK, it's OK Mac". hahahahahahahaha.

They were having a yard/garage sale a few houses down from me so he got plenty of excitement plus got some fresh sunshine as well since it was like 75 degrees this afternoon.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
What a great story, thanks so much for sharing! That is so amazing to have a bird with such a grand vocabulary. Our birds are still learning. And - you are lucky it wasn't me walking by, I'd have stopped, talked to him for an hour or so, fell in love and then begged to you let me take him off your hands! LOLOLOL ;)

As for me, I love taking our conure out places and since my work schedule changed I've been taking Franklin out to socialize him so he can get his out of cage/quality time with me.

Thursday night I took Franklin to our local gift/liquor shop, I just walked in with him on my shoulder. I knew exactly what I going to purchase, grabbed it, walked up to the counter, the cashier/owner of the store starts talking to me while ringing me up. Then Franklin moved which got her attention and she just stopped dead, her mouth dropped open and then she slowly smiled and busted up laughing.

Course I started laughing too...there were 2 others in the store, who immediately had to come over and see what all the commotion was about and Franklin was so excited to be the star of the show. I can't believe what a "ham" he's becoming.

Vianne, (the owner) said, "oh my gosh, you bring him back anytime, I love him!"

Her's was definitely the most unique reaction yet since I've started taking Franklin out like that. Most people will see him and say "awww...or oh, look!" Some will ask what kind of bird, how old, his name, does he talk, does he bite, can I hold him, can I pet him etc.

And lucky you, 75 degrees! Sheesh we're in the 30's every day now...sometimes creep up to the low 40's and snow on the higher hills.

Enjoy the weather and tell Mac, Toni said Hi!

:D

Toni

melbourned

Sep 21, 2011
Isn't it great to live in Florida mtdoramike? Winston spent the day outside in our pool enclosure. He watched a couple of men building my dock and the grandkids playing in the yard. It was a beautiful day.:)

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
:DYes, and today is just as beautiful as it was yesterday. That is what living in Florida is all about.:D

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Sounds like Mac had a great time! I too miss 75 degress already.... lol

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
What a cutie! Puck loves going outside and meeting people!

"Can he talk" is probably the question I get asked the most, lol. Because, I guess, all parrots are supposed to talk a lot. I tell them that he doesn't speak a lot of human but he is very communicative.

mtdoramike and Spiritbird: Florida and Washington! Two totally different climates, but I want to live in both of them! I lived in Seattle until I was 7 and loved it, and I visited Florida and loved it. I'm looking at a university in Washington. I've been in Southern California since I was 7 and I need to move. lol.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Sounds like a fun day for everyone concerned! I would have stopped and chatted with him, too! ;)

We thought it was really warm when it was 60+ degrees yesterday, I guess everything is relative!

Most Reactions