I want to know about your Green Cheek Conure!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I get so excited, when I see this thread, but the original is over a year old...

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
  • Did you have trouble with nipping/biting? How did you handle this?

Pip as a juvenile, yes. very nippy! be consistant. use a little time out cage or something where you isolate him for a minute or two after he bites you to hard. do keep in mind that birds will bite! you can't time out them every time, just when it's too hard to handle so they know their limits.

• Do you have trouble with screaming/screeching? Does your bird wake you up in the morning :11:?
yes and no.
they get active when they hear us wake up in the morning and love some cuddle time before we're off to work. on weekends we sleep in a bit longer but they will get noisy when they really want out.
Overall, they get a bit noisy at night for like 5 minutes or so, or when they are stressed, scared (hoovering), but generally they are fairly quiet. don't expect a quiet house though! there will constantly be the noise of chitter chatter :) if you want a quiet pet you need to look into a goldfish or a pet rock ;)

• Do you think you could raise a baby in a house with a GCC without wanting to kill yourself or the bird ;)?
good question - that really depends on your own tollerance... no one can answer that for you.

• Why did you pick the color you selected our of all the mutations and normals?
Pip just came to us by chance, he's a cinammon mutation.
if i ever get the chance i'd Love a firey shoulder conure...

• Do you know your birds gender and do you think his or her gender affects his or her behavior?
yes and yes. Pip is male and is much more dominant, demanding and opinionated than my female bird (not a gcc)

• How does your bird handle it if you go on vacation or do not have as much time for them one day :54:?
it depends, if there is a day where they get less attention, pip gets vengeful and will be narky and nippy afterwards. holidays is different cause they get to go to my mother in law who absolutely adores them and spoils them :)

Most Reactions