Ida

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Well Ida has been home for a few weeks now, and I must say I can not imagine life without her. What a love, and what a personality she has. I must admit I was quite nervous about getting a grey, because I have read so many things about them being so shy, and nervous. Not this girl. She is curious about everything. She has shown no signs of being afraid of new situations. I take her outside almost daily, I don't know if she likes it, but she doesn't act like she doesn't. She gets to meet all the neighborhood kids, who adore her. She seems to like watching them play on the playground. Now its just a waiting game to hear her first words. :)

IMG00256-20110607-1501.jpg

IMG00218-20110531-1305.jpg

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Awww...congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL!

I know exactly how you feel, we just got a yellow sided green cheeck conure and he's the same way....Franklin just loves everybody and not afraid when my son's friends in the neighborhood come over to play with him, he actually relishes all the attention. We also, can not imagine our lives without him. He's such a joy.

My uncle had a Grey, I was quite young and we went over to his house for a family reunion. That was the first time I ever saw a pet parrot of any sort. This birds cage was suspended from the ceiling and this bird would hang upside down from the roof of the cage and get it swinging and when it was swinging really good he would holler out..."ROCK AND ROLL! ROCK AND ROLL!"

I knew one day, I'd want a bird too. :)

Your Ida looks very happy outside as well as inside.

Toni

Most Reactions

Latest posts