I'm Back...

GoldenPhoenix

Sep 18, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Here I am, hailing from Vancouver, WA....
I just "re-joined" this forum., I was here years ago when I first conceived the dream of owning a bird. It's been 8-9 years later and I'm STILL dreaming of owning a bird. xD I never got one because my dad doesn't like birds, and I of course I lacked the money.
I'm still not in the position to own a bird, I am currently living with my fiances family. My own family kinda fell apart and my mother is doing stupid things, so I decided to strike it out on my own. I already brought a cat into their previously animal-free home, and though they were apprehensive, they fell in love with my kitty. xD

I very highly doubt I will be allowed to buy a bird while I am here, fiance's mom likes me, but she is not the biggest fan of animals. Kazmir is just an unusually lovable and gentle kitty, so it was not hard for him to win everyone over, however, my situation that allowed her to come live here was quite unique. My mother and I were living with my Gma, cause we lost the apartment due to them being jerks, so we were basically homeless, then my Gma died of Lung Cancer, and then we really were homeless. I came to live with my fiance, my mom is living with her sister, my other cat, who is really moms cat, Mia, is living with my brother and dad.

ANYWAY, I'm almost there, as soon as my fiance and I get our own place, I'm so getting a bird. I've already begun saving. Now that I have a job and a steady source of income, not something I had 8-9 years ago, when I was only 12 or 13, I have decided on a species, a cage and have been thinking over several ideas for raising and incorporating said fid into my lifestyle, which will end up including my cat as well. I flew the idea over with my fiance, and he's cool with whatever I do, he's not looking forward to the noise, but he'll put up with it. Considering our first place is likely gonna be an apartment, I was looking into birds that are quieter, I know no bird is completely silent, but I do know that some birds are louder than others, I also wanted a larger bird, not that big into 'tiels and budgies. I decided on a Bronze-Winged Pionus, I was attracted by the beauty in the plumage, that deep "cool" blue and the fact that pionus are widely known to be a quieter bird. However I know the market for the Bronze-Wing is quite small. I'm determined. Now if fiance would get a job so we can move out... but that's another matter entirely. Hehe. If they would let me, I would totally get a bird next spring. But I very much doubt that is gonna be a thing here. I might ask and see, you never know.

I guess I'll just stalk the forums until I actually own a bird, then I can post for you guys. xD

Though if you know any good Bronze-Winged Pi breeders, that would be great, then I can look into who I'm gonna buy from.

Now that I've completely blabbered out my excitement and enthusiasm, I'm gonna feel stupid and hope I don't get revenged by a set of talons :p

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum! I think it's great that you're waiting until you are truly ready for the commitment rather than rushing in and having to rehome the bird soon after. I bet you'll have a very good first experience with parrot ownership:) Hope to see you around!

Most Reactions

Latest posts