I'm beginning to think I'm not having a very good week.............

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
First the snake incident the other day. Then the battery for my boat was dead as a door nail this morning after charging it all night. I had to rush to Walmart to buy another one before the not so spontanious fishing trip. Then while out on the water, I hung a really nice fish. But the fish decided, he would rather catch me instead. So the fish threw the hook as I was grabbing him and it pushed the fish hook deep into my left index finger.

Now, in situations like this (I have found myself in before) I would push the hook through until the barb came through the skin and cut off the barb and then push the hook shank back through. Presto, hook removed although a might sore. But with my luck this week, would it, could it be that simple and easy?????? Ooooooooooh Noooooooo, not me. The hook actually went deep enough for the point to stick into the bone in my finger. So out patient surgery was the only option. Fortunately they were able to get the hook unstuck and was able to get it out without cutting open my finger.

On top of all that, my fishing trip had to be cut short and that is what really P!$$ed me off to no end.

I'm going to be thrilled when this week is over with.

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Sounds like a good day to let the birds snuggle with you while you have a drink! Hope things get better...on the bright side, its almost the end of wednesday which means end of the week.

echoskybound

Mar 30, 2011
Media
Parrots
Wheatley - 4 year old Green Cheek Conure
Ouch ouch ouch! :[ Is your finger going to heal okay? I hope it's been properly disinfected, a metal hook going into the bone sounds like it could potentially be very dangerous.

About a year ago, I cut the tip of my index finger right in half with an Xacto knife. I didn't think I had hit the bone, but a year later, it still hurts! I must have shaved a bit of bone.

I hope your finger heals up soon!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Ouch!! I hope your finger feels better soon!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Oh my gosh!!! That sounds super painful :( Sorry you're not having such a good week, I hope it turns around by the weekend.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
All I can say is ouch!!!! I know exactly how that hook feels...lol....I miss the fishing trips....

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I know fresh fish taste so much better but for the rest of this week please go to the grocery store or fish market if you have one. It sure sounds like ouch for sure. Think how the fish feels with a hook in their mouth!!

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I know fresh fish taste so much better but for the rest of this week please go to the grocery store or fish market if you have one. It sure sounds like ouch for sure. Think how the fish feels with a hook in their mouth!!

I know what you mean, I think the fish actually smiled at me just a little before heading back into the water:)

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Ooooo that's not good I hope you feel better! Once my friend was swimming while her brother was fishing and he hooked her lip, thinking he had a Fish he started reeling her in D:. She had to get stitches and is fine now. And once. Fish slapped my face lol. They're mean little things aren't they lol. I hope you feel better, it will heal soon :)

Last edited:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I'm a firm believer in doing nothing, if it doesn't have to be done... :p

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
ok i counted 3 incidents!, (the snake incident, is in a grey area, as it was adverted??) so if the old saying is correct,

bad things comes in 3's then your safe (for now)

lol stay in and stay safe! do not undertake any household jobs, not even polishing! especially use of anything machanical!!! explain this to the missues, i am sure she will understand, test any chair before you go to sit on it, you never know, a leg could have gotten louse, (or one of the birds may have chewed in a discreat place! not to make you paranoid, but when your wk starts playing out like a final destination script! you can never be too carefull!

keep us up dated! lol

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh that sounds like some fishing trip ! I guess the big one got away ?
Sorry , I had to do :/
You need to get yourself a good luck charm....maybe carry be of your birds feathers ?
Your luck needs a little kick start ! Do you have a dog ?

Most Reactions

Latest posts