Whittier,CA
Parrots
Tango(Jenday Conure)
Comet(pineapple GCC)
Maverick(pattagonian conure)
Hermin(Dusky Conure)
Ethan(Senegal Parrot)
Blue(Indian Ringneck-Rest in peace)
I understand that when people are looking for a home for their pet they might be at the end of their rope but I would still like to make the place as clean as possible. It would be better for all of my family and the birds.

I do wish I could send them pictures of the house I will be moving into but I haven’t been out to that house in a while. Maybe if I do manage to go out to the new house before my guests come I will take pictures. I would still like to try and clean because there are other possible people that this macaw might go to but I would like to be the one. I could be stressing for nothing but if I clean and get the stress done with then I wont have to worry about it in the near future.

Mindy

Nov 9, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
Finnegan the Timneh, Chicky the Cuban Amazon and Fanny Featherbottom the house chicken.
Absolutely! We moved to my brother's house a couple years ago for a bit and there were pathways to walk through all his stuff. Luckily for me he has a barn and a garage so I was able to get it out of the house without him having to give it up.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am unsure if you or your mom would want to, but if you post a couple pictures of the living room in question, we may be able to give some feedback on what might be of concern to someone looking to rehome a bird that could possibly be moved elsewhere for the visit. Also, furniture placement can sometimes make a room feel more open and clean whereas other placements of the exact same furniture can make it feel cramped and cluttered.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I'm like you wrench. Can't deal with mess around, need to clean. Though I can put up with some minor mess. I go over friends houses and I have the biggest compulsion to start cleaning

Please come visit ASAP. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
All of the above advice is great.

The one thing I’m surprised nobody addressed was this: at age 20, do you really need a 7th bird? I don’t mean to be condescending or rude or any of those other things, but quite often people who get birds when they’re young wind up rehoming them with life’s inevitable changes.

Just something to mull over.

OP
Jferrand526

Jferrand526

Dec 29, 2017
Whittier,CA
Parrots
Tango(Jenday Conure)
Comet(pineapple GCC)
Hermin(Dusky Conure)
Ethan(Senegal Parrot)
All of the above advice is great.

The one thing I’m surprised nobody addressed was this: at age 20, do you really need a 7th bird? I don’t mean to be condescending or rude or any of those other things, but quite often people who get birds when they’re young wind up rehoming them with life’s inevitable changes.

Just something to mull over.

You’re not rude don’t worry. I was asked that once before. A 7th bird is really to think about but I’ve been thinking about it for a while. This is the number one reason why I am moving so I can take care of my birds and myself better. I have been left with many responsibilities, I was a straight A student and will be taking college courses from home. Most of these birds were given to me and I take care of them all to my best ability. I have had experience taking care of African Greys, Macaws, Conures, Parakeets, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, and Amazons. I have had older friends say i take care of my birds better than my family takes care of me, i dont know if thats true but I buy my birds toys, food, more toys, perches, and everything else I can to make them feel at home and safe. I would never ever rehome these birds. These birds are my family. I don’t know what it is but when I am around them all the stress and irritation of the day just washes away.

I would never dream of rehoming these birds and besides I can’t leave out of state or go too far because my parents want me to move somewhere they can see me every other day. The only time I think I would HAVE to rehome my birds is if I moved to another country and honestly I would never do that. My best friend will be moving into the house with us and he is a bird fanatic too, he is learning how to become an avian vet so he will be there 24/7 except when he works. He had an Umbrella who was given to him after his next door neighbor passed away, he loved that bird and took care of it and spent time with it like crazy no matter his age, sadly that Umbrella had passed away at the age of 70

Like I said I’m not even sure I will get this bird but I would love to. Right now all of my birds are seen by vets and all are healthy and I have the money to keep them healthy and playful and loving. I could never rehome my birds I just love them too much and if I did rehome them I would be heartbroken. These birds are almost with me 24/7 except when they sleep. I’m dedicated to them because I know that these animals are to be appreciated and respected like every animal should be.

I actually thank you for bringing that question up, it made me think a bit more on the relationship with my birds and I and where it stands. After everything I realize I would do anything for those birds. Anything to make them happy and make sure they’re healthy.

Last edited:
OP
Jferrand526

Jferrand526

Dec 29, 2017
Whittier,CA
Parrots
Tango(Jenday Conure)
Comet(pineapple GCC)
Hermin(Dusky Conure)
Ethan(Senegal Parrot)
I am unsure if you or your mom would want to, but if you post a couple pictures of the living room in question, we may be able to give some feedback on what might be of concern to someone looking to rehome a bird that could possibly be moved elsewhere for the visit. Also, furniture placement can sometimes make a room feel more open and clean whereas other placements of the exact same furniture can make it feel cramped and cluttered.

I am on my phone and I don’t know how to upload pictures onto here using my phone but I have basically cleaned out the entire storage this morning, now I am in the process of seperating clothes and clearing out the living room quite a bit.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Kiwi that's so true. My front room feels cramped because of furniture placement but it is necessary.

My mom is at high risk of a fall and the front room is layed out so if she falls she can use furniture to catch herself and or pull herself up.

OP
Jferrand526

Jferrand526

Dec 29, 2017
Whittier,CA
Parrots
Tango(Jenday Conure)
Comet(pineapple GCC)
Hermin(Dusky Conure)
Ethan(Senegal Parrot)
To update everyone on this issue, I have officially moved all of the furniture around. The bins are mostly all taken out and put away and everything is much cleaner than it ever has been. It looks like a totally new house now. I am so happy and having the house this clean is very very refreshing.

eagle18

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Missouri
Parrots
I have one Umbrella, a Bare Eye, and two budgies.
I understand where you are coming from. I have nine house cats and I have to keep on top of the smell and mess every hour of the day, sometimes with success, sometimes not. I would think they would be more concern about how clean and well cared for your birds are.

Oliver17

Oct 2, 2017
Midwest,USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Named Garth
Are you able to take a (sick day?) start early and go crazy
Sometimes when we know we are on a time limit, having one day
Might get the engine going
Good luck

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
See what a great community you've found?

I'm SO glad you're here.

Stick with us. I like you already...

Most Reactions

Latest posts