I'm going to be murdered for this....

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)

And he is already tearing it off:rolleyes:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
NNNAAAWWW!!!! That looks SO cute on Folger, too. Did you make that? Perhaps over time he'll get used to keeping it on, and he'll leave it alone eventually? Or is that just wishful thinking? :eek:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Yep made it! It's one of my ankle socks...I never wear the same two socks anyway:p

I think it may be wishful thinking... he is still siting here ripping at it! I guess the good news is its a sock and not his skin.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Poor Folger, he got put in a little sweater:D. Maybe he just thinks the stripes make his tail look big ;) He certainly looks like he's moping in the second pic, even with that great big bowl of food.

Edit: Perhaps if his mommy made Folger something like this he would find it a little more stylish;):

2201933.jpg

Last edited:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
that is just too cute!!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Kiwi I was actually thinking a collar would be a good thing to try! The shelter didn't want to stress him out constantly messing with collars and such since he hated people messing with him. But he was fairly tolerant of me putting the sock on so the collar should be easier! He is definitely pulling on the sock too much. I already took it off since he kept pulling strings and I didn't want him hanging him self while he is by himself.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Kiwi I was actually thinking a collar would be a good thing to try! The shelter didn't want to stress him out constantly messing with collars and such since he hated people messing with him. But he was fairly tolerant of me putting the sock on so the collar should be easier! He is definitely pulling on the sock too much. I already took it off since he kept pulling strings and I didn't want him hanging him self while he is by himself.

I've always thought those regular plastic collars vets put on just looked miserable for the poor birds, but these actually look like they would help and not be so cumbersome. I bet Folger would look super cute in some bright tropical pattern, or (if you could find some) a print with coffee cups (since his name is Folger after all ;):D:p)

MariusJ

Mar 13, 2014
Lephalale South Africa
Parrots
Romeo-GoffinT 99' Kallie-Dusky Lory 12', AJ 96' and Chiko 03' TAG, Aviary of breeder budgies.
On this topic, Both collar and Sock treats the symptom right? which is Plucking.. with the collar the skin stil gets air although the bird really looks sad, and with the sock i have always wondered if it doesnt irritate them when new down starts coming through... you know like having a sock on the whole day, and then taking it of finding your feet feeling funcky. . .or maybe my socks are just too small :). The sock does seem snuggly and could be nice in colder weather... we were actually speaking of the sock buddy for our romeo, as it is getting nearer to winter this side... geus this is like debating about a Mercedes or a BMW, both wil get you to the same place with different pro's and cons.
doing some reeding it seems that the collar sock debate could take a while.

But do you guys think the sock could be irratable wilst down is trying to come out underneath?

MJ

MariusJ

Mar 13, 2014
Lephalale South Africa
Parrots
Romeo-GoffinT 99' Kallie-Dusky Lory 12', AJ 96' and Chiko 03' TAG, Aviary of breeder budgies.
On this topic, Both collar and Sock treats the symptom right? which is Plucking.. with the collar the skin stil gets air although the bird really looks sad, and with the sock i have always wondered if it doesnt irritate them when new down starts coming through... you know like having a sock on the whole day, and then taking it of finding your feet feeling funcky. . .or maybe my socks are just too small :). The sock does seem snuggly and could be nice in colder weather... we were actually speaking of the sock buddy for our romeo, as it is getting nearer to winter this side... geus this is like debating about a Mercedes or a BMW, both wil get you to the same place with different pro's and cons.
doing some reeding it seems that the collar sock debate could take a while.

But do you guys think the sock could be irratable wilst down is trying to come out underneath?

MJ

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Awww, he's such a cutie!! Where's that 'evil eye' nasty Jen accused our Folger of, I wonder? ;)

I did not accuse... I just pointed it out in the photo... photographic evidence... proof....

Most Reactions

Latest posts