I'm new on here and need some help

Tishina

Oct 14, 2023
Parrots
Duchess 27 year old blue fronted Amazon parrot
4 months ago I adopted a 27 year old blue fronted Amazon parrot (Duchess) this morning I went to clean her cage and it looks like there is blood in her urine. I haven't established a vet. Yet and it's the weekend. I will try to get her an appointment on Monday. Any advice until then would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 16973176419105828417354442543967.jpg
    16973176419105828417354442543967.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
4 months ago I adopted a 27 year old blue fronted Amazon parrot (Duchess) this morning I went to clean her cage and it looks like there is blood in her urine. I haven't established a vet. Yet and it's the weekend. I will try to get her an appointment on Monday. Any advice until then would be greatly appreciated!
It may be from something she ate. When I was handfeeding my baby budgie I switched formulas when she was three weeks old and the liquid part of her poop turned pink, just as if there was blood in it, and I freaked out! An emergency vet visit followed a few hours later and she was fine. No blood in her poop- it was the new formula that had some ingredient that turned her poop pink. So don't panic but definitely get in to see the vet. Keep the poop samples to show them. Make sure he poops on white paper so the color can be seen clearly. Good luck.

OP
Tishina

Tishina

Oct 14, 2023
Parrots
Duchess 27 year old blue fronted Amazon parrot
It may be from something she ate. When I was handfeeding my baby budgie I switched formulas when she was three weeks old and the liquid part of her poop turned pink, just as if there was blood in it, and I freaked out! An emergency vet visit followed a few hours later and she was fine. No blood in her poop- it was the new formula that had some ingredient that turned her poop pink. So don't panic but definitely get in to see the vet. Keep the poop samples to show them. Make sure he poops on white paper so the color can be seen clearly. Good luck.
Thanks so much. I'm really hoping it's that. How long did your budgie poop pink? Duchess has been doing it all day. This morning was really red. That picture I posted was what it looks like now, the color seems to have gotten lighter.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Thanks so much. I'm really hoping it's that. How long did your budgie poop pink? Duchess has been doing it all day. This morning was really red. That picture I posted was what it looks like now, the color seems to have gotten lighter.
I fed her the new formula in the evening and in the morning all her poops were pink. She was acting normal but I brought her to the vet. He examined her and looked at her poop under the microscope and it had no blood in it. I stopped the new formula and her poops returned to normal within hours.

Most Reactions

Latest posts