I'm so excited!!!! :D

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

New congo grey baby comes home sometime in May!
We're getting our catalina baby next Sunday, the 12th. I can't wait! And I just found the BEST cage for her for a STEAL! It's a Prevue Hendryx silverado cage that I found online for $395 with 10% more off (it was already on sale from $791) and free shipping thanks to a promo code! IT'S HUGE!!!!! It's 46"x36"x78" and the interior is 46"x36"x63". It should be here within the next few days. My baby's gonna have the best home! :D I've wanted a macaw for so long, and now that I've bought the cage, it's starting to feel real. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! :jumping40 Just had to post - it's 2am and I needed to share my excitement with someone! LOL!

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You MUST make sure the baby IS eating on his own! Your bringing him home at a very young age still. It can take months to wean a Macaw! Be sure you know where to get formula and feeding utensils if you needed it.

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

I wasn't being detailed enough...we would LIKE to bring her home next Sunday, but I have to clear it with her breeder first. I emailed her and am waiting for a response. I have had birds in the past and have experience hand feeding. I was a vet tech and am now a registered nurse, so I have faith that we can continue hand feeding successfully. I actually just got done hand raising two orphan grey squirrels this past fall - found them when they were 3 weeks old with their eyes still shut (mom was killed when her tree fell), and successfully hand raised (and hand fed) them until they were old enough to be re-released. They still grace our yard with their presence once in a while :) If I wasn't comfortable doing it, I'd have no problem paying for her and waiting for the breeder to fully wean, but I feel confident that I can do it. We've already spoken about formula and supplies, so we are good on that end. Thanks for the advice! :)

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Lucky birdy, buying the cage is awesome I reckon lol, I had my cage sitting in my lounge room for 3 weeks before I brought my bird home and I just kept staring at it waiting LOL. :)

Those squirrels are ADORABLE too! I wish we had them over here:(

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Congrats on the new addition. But you know what this means don't you? Pictures, Pictures and in case I hadn't mentioned it, PICTURES hahahahaha.

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
How exciting!! Congrats! The waiting period bites lol. The anticipation is killer. Nice digs too. Great deal!

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

Sure!!! It's on wayfair.com on sale for $439.95 with free shipping. I put it in my shopping cart and then browsed for a cheaper price on different websites. When I found that wayfair.com was cheapest, I went back to the website. When I got there, a little window popped up saying "welcome back! Here's a promo code for 10% off any item!" I waited about a half hour before going to the website again, so you might want to wait a little as well - I don't know if it will offer a promo code if you leave the site and jump right back to it. Anyway, with the promo code applied, it brought the total down to $395.95 with free shipping included :) Woot woot!

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

Oh, it's called the Prevue Hendryx Silverado Macaw Cage.

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

Ok - just placed the order, and it will be here by Tuesday - talk about fast shipping! AND, wayfair.com gave me 3% rewards bucks to use towards a future purchase, so I have $11.00 from that to apply towards some macaw toys :D This website is addicting LOL.

OP
skylavaulter

skylavaulter

Jan 29, 2012
West Chester, PA
Parrots
RIP Ivy 3/23/12-4/12/13,

It's looking good for pick up next week. We went to see him today and to my surprise the breeder said he hasn't taken any formula in five days! Apparently he's been much more interested in regular food and eating like a champ. He wasn't refusing any snacks from me while we were there! The two other chicks in his clutch each weaned over the last two weeks as well, and one of them left yesterday for his new home, so I think my baby is growing up and giving up the baby food! The breeder wants to keep him a few more days just to be sure he's 100% on eating solids without any issues and we may get him Tuesday or Wednesday :) I built him a PVC two layer perch today (I'll post pics later) which came out really well. We'll have that in our bedroom for when me and hubby are hanging out in there. I'm getting him a double java tree stand on Sunday for our living room, so he can have lots of space to hang out during the day. We're so close!!!!! :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Congrats !!!!!!!!! Wow I can just imagine how you are feeling
A MACAW IS MY DREAM BIRD
Pic's p.l.e.a.s.e. ............................

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I just joined and can receive the same discount.

Thanks for the info and I might buy it rather than making a Aviery!

Most Reactions

Latest posts