Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I GOT THE COLD SHOULDER THE ENTIRE DAY

You all aware Mishka has been saying naughty things (my fault)
291.gif

Today whenever she said Stevie boy is a bast..d hey, I put her back in her cage. This happened for most part of the day. :grey: went back to her cage 8 times in total.

Eventually when she came out, she never said that naughty word again.
BUT totally ignored me the entire day, turning her back on me and just mumbling.
I guess I deserved this treatment, because I said the word in front of her.
I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER
be7.gif

:grey: has to learn. I honestly can't remember when she last had "time out" bet she won't be forgetting it in a hurry.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp2i62baGQE"]YouTube - ‪MISHKA AFRICAN GREY IN A BAD MOOD.wmv‬‎[/ame]

Last edited:

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Awwwwwww Pr Mishka, and poor YOU!!! I know exactly what it's like to go a day without having your best buddy on your shoulder. It's so funny how Mishka acts like such a child!! Turning her back on you! Tch tch tch!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Awwwwwww Pr Mishka, and poor YOU!!! I know exactly what it's like to go a day without having your best buddy on your shoulder. It's so funny how Mishka acts like such a child!! Turning her back on you! Tch tch tch!

Guess it was pay back time "for me"
vahidrk.gif

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I guess it did lol! :D

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
Ahhhhhhhhhh poor poor Mishka. You are such a cruel mamma Antoinette (snigger, snigger) but it is so childlike it's unreal, she has a real sulk about her there doesn't she? lol

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ahhhhhhhhhh poor poor Mishka. You are such a cruel mamma Antoinette (snigger, snigger) but it is so childlike it's unreal, she has a real sulk about her there doesn't she? lol

I swear ohhhh OKAY OKAY OKAY I won't swear again EVER
bc4.gif

It's like having a toddler, who has been punished, and sits and sulks for hours. :mad:

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
If it makes you feel any better Beau also has a bit of a sulk on this evening after I had the cheek to spray him with water, just like my youngest son he is allergic to bathing ;-)

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
If it makes you feel any better Beau also has a bit of a sulk on this evening after I had the cheek to spray him with water, just like my youngest son he is allergic to bathing ;-)

Oh allergic to bathing
be8.gif

I'm not happy when "anyone" is sulking
connie_38.gif

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Lol, she's such a toddler. Picks up on things you don't want her to, sulks for hours, yep... you have a feathered two year old.

I hope she never says those words again. As others have suggested, perhaps try to replace the word?

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Lol, she's such a toddler. Picks up on things you don't want her to, sulks for hours, yep... you have a feathered two year old.

I hope she never says those words again. As others have suggested, perhaps try to replace the word?

Yipe sure is acting like a toddler, even worse, she actually groans at me :rolleyes:

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
This is the sort of thing I'm a little nervous about. I tend to be a bit of a "potty mouth" and spew some very inappropriate words. Jade's saying a few words and Max and Ruby are practicing making sounds - both of them wolf whistle.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
This is the sort of thing I'm a little nervous about. I tend to be a bit of a "potty mouth" and spew some very inappropriate words. Jade's saying a few words and Max and Ruby are practicing making sounds - both of them wolf whistle.

It happens to the best of us. LoL

Only thing to do is "time out" if they carry on saying the word.
When Mishka had "time out" when placing her back in her cage, I told her in a stern voice Stevie boy is a bad boy hey, emphasizing bad boy hey

8 "time out's" later and thank goodness she stopped saying it. :D

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Stevie boy is a bast..d hey,

You my friend needs a little bit of this!
8bb460cf.gif
Not only did YOU say the bad word but now you are punishing Miska for loving you and wanting to do everything you do. How on earth is she suppose to know that one word is good and the other is not?
sSig_nonosign-1.gif

I will be sending you a bar of soap with that dvd!!!

.... and then you can slip in a nice warm bath and have some time out. It is hard to be a parent! Thanks for a good laugh!

Bath1Soaking.gif
:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts