In Marcus Hook, PA, Only show this year !

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So some folks have wondered "what the heck is with the pirate thing, Wrench"?

I am a member of a pirate based band, The Brigands, and we will be giving a free concert this Saturday, Sept 19, in Marcus Hook, PA, which is less than a mile into Pennsylvania from Wilmington North, Delaware, right on the water of the Delaware River, at the Marcus Hook Pirate Festival. It is our ONLY show in all of 2020, due to Covid19. It's free show, and we have been performing there for 12 years. It is an open air festival, very spread out, and this year they will be observing all the CoVid precautions, including wearing masks at all times. The festival starts at 11 AM and runs until 6PM. Its a very inexpensive, family oriented event, a fund raiser thru the Sunoco Group, for the Marcus Hook Preservation Society. What's that? Marcus Hook is home to the Plank House, a hand-sawn, plank log house, used by the infamous Black Beard the Pirate to house a wife ( one of many ) right there in Marcus Hook.

Any how, if any of our members would like to go, it would be great to see you. We'll be selling our latest record on CD, our ninth one, "Baggy Wrinkle", along with all the others, with a special Parrot Forums price, $5 for each one. There will be plenty to do, with games, food, live pirate music, face painting, a period correct pirate camp, pony rides, a petting zoo, crafters, a pirate fight reenactment group and even a beer garden. All Free ( except the beer and the CD's ).

Marcus Hook Pirate Festival link: Marcus Hook Preservation Society

If the weather is nice, Salty will be coming along with me. Come on over and say "HI", I'll be the one holding the fiddle, with a parrot on my shoulder. We would love to meet you!

Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marcus+Hook,+PA+19061/@39.8141471,-75.4351046,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c6e43c4e217ea3:0x8c52f3a2725973c0!8m2!3d39.8192794!4d-75.4185272?hl=en

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Al, my friend, I feel your pain. I've also had ONE gig this year, on a sunset cruise around Casco Bay, Maine. Lots of fun, but not the biggest boat, and the wake of a large ferry almost dumped our speakers into the drink, and later very close to knocking one over and crushing my horns! Thank God for some alert passengers that caught them before a disaster happened. Let's hope 2021 is a better year for EVERYONE!

I'd love to check you guys out sometime, but PA is is bit more road trip than I'm up for lol! How far do you travel for gigs? They do a really good pirate festival in Eastport, Maine every year (except this year) and bring in acts from all over the place. We went a few years ago and had a blast :)

Hope your show goes well, and have fun! That's what it's all about anyway!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yeah, we played the Eastport Pirate Festival in 2009, but haven't been back ( we're too expensive for them). We have some close friends, the Pirates of the Dark Rose, that perform there every year, they do a black powder cannon demonstration with a full size field artillery piece. The year we played it we brought our own cannons and we did a sea battle, defending the shoreline against his 2 masted sailboat. Great fun.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ahh, gotcha. Just thought I'd mention Eastport if you weren't aware of it. It's grown substantially since 2009, so you never know, they might have more budget available these days? I totally get what you'd have to charge to travel that kind of distance though. We do it because we love it, but still, most of us can't afford to lose our shirts just to play. Even if we could, doing so devalues live performers. Not good.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sounds like the perfect outdoor family event. Wish I could attend, but have a great time!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts