Introducing Pixie :)

AJBirds

Apr 9, 2015
Parrots
Pixie - Hahn's Macaw
Introducing the adorable Pixie... :)

I got Pixie the Hahns in May. She was about 12/14-ish weeks then, which makes her about 5 months old now. She is the most adorable, loving, snuggly thing ever!

Here are a few photos I took when I first got her. We don't have too many photos of her, given that iphones are her mortal enemy and must be attacked on sight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

From the start, she's been a talker - when we got her, she could say "Hello", "Step up" and "Come on" (the "come on" comes out when she's frustrated at us!Sometimes it sounds like she's saying "come here!"). These days she can also say (very muffled), "I love you!", "Whatchya doing?", "Where are we going?", and, I think, "Banana". She has the cutest little Minion-like voice.

The breeder taught her to step up, step down and fly back on command; her wings have never been clipped, so she's a confident flyer. I'm yet to teach her any real tricks, but she can do "turn around", poop on command (I need to research potty training and then actually do it properly), "come here", "on your perch/bowl", "fly away" (sort of...) etc.

The poor thing is going through a molt and has heaps of pin feathers. She's quite good about bathing in her water bowl, but she really loves when I take her out in her smaller cage and give her a shower, using the garden hose "mist" function.She's not fond of going into the bathroom, and is terrified of the mist bottle, so indoors showers are out (for now).

Did I mention she's super-snuggly? She loves cuddling up into the crock of my elbow and getting scritches, or having me do her pin feathers. She also always wants to be on my shoulder, where she's not allowed (as per the breeder's/vet's generic advice).

She's super-spoilt and super-smart (= super-naughty), and I'll update with stories when I've got a moment!

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 293

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww! You have a real darling there! It sounds like she's every bit as sweet as she looks! I love her name, a perfect fit for that sweet face.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
She's adorable! Oh I wish we could Hahn's here :(
I love the name, perfect :)

OP
AJBirds

AJBirds

Apr 9, 2015
Parrots
Pixie - Hahn's Macaw
Here's one taken yesterday, post shower. Tiny little punk :) :

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 279

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Absolutely adorable, and the name Pixie definitely fits...

They don't have to be large macaws to have that LARGE MACAW PERSONALITY.... mush macs come in all sizes.

What a fun little bird.

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What an utterly adorable Pixie!!! :D I so love the name, it's so fitting!!

She's sporting the 'punk look' quite nicely, too, HAHAHAHA.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Hello and welcome adorable Pixie! Love her punk rock look.

Most Reactions

Latest posts