IRN Chatter

Jolee’sFlock

Jan 24, 2024
Kansas City
Parrots
DYA, GCC, Quaker
I just wanted to share the chatter that my IRN frequently does to give people thinking about getting an IRN an idea of the everyday noise level. This video does NOT include their high pitch/volume screams, which I think sounds like a loud laser gun (pew pew). Everything they do is cute but you’ll have to be able to put up with this kind of noise frequently, in my experience.

Last edited:

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
I just wanted to share the chatter that my IRN frequently does to give people thinking about getting an IRN an idea of the everyday noise level. This video does NOT include their high pitch/volume screams, which I think sounds like a loud laser gun (pew pew). Everything they do is cute but you’ll have to be able to put up with this kind of noise frequently, in my experience.
I love my IRN, Nelson, chatters! He does it the most when he is going to sleep. It's like he is chattering himself to sleep. He only does the high screams when he can't find me or when he wants me to find him. When he does the "pew pew" I do it right back at him. He is truly the most fun bird.

OP
Jolee’sFlock

Jolee’sFlock

Jan 24, 2024
Kansas City
Parrots
DYA, GCC, Quaker
I love my IRN, Nelson, chatters! He does it the most when he is going to sleep. It's like he is chattering himself to sleep. He only does the high screams when he can't find me or when he wants me to find him. When he does the "pew pew" I do it right back at him. He is truly the most fun bird.
I finally got the video posted! Yes, “pew pew” is also what she uses to call to her flock.

Most Reactions