• 20141111_210449.jpg
    20141111_210449.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 325
OP
C

carlosmalta

Mar 14, 2014
malta
But are you sure that is 100% molting??????
How can i help him to grew up the new feather to look nicer

i am very worried about him

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
The only way to know for sure what it is caused by would be to take him to an avian vet. Do you have one where you live? I see that you're even questioning if it's a molt for sure.
IME, even with a very heavy molt, there shouldn't be extensive areas of no green. Shaggy and patchy, but not like that.
Please try and find a qualified vet for your peace of mind and to help your little friend. IMO it's not a molt. Good luck!

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
What do you feed him, and is he with any other birds?

Even in a heavy molt, that's the incorrect moulting pattern.

OP
C

carlosmalta

Mar 14, 2014
malta
Hello no hi is in my room and not near but in the same room i have moustache parrot and a young cockatiel being handrearing at the moment

and as feeding i giv him seed mix good quality of belgium

below is the seed mix that i am give him

View image: 1415864489187

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
For a healthier diet, their food should be pellets. The healthiest diet should be consisted of fresh fruits and veggies (sprouts!). The mix in my opinion, has way too many (sunflower) seeds than a parrot should have daily. Please ignore my ignorance on this part, but may I ask what belgium is?
For a molt, it's strange to see the last layers of down feathers and skin IMO, please do keep us updated on the vet visit!

Delfin

Banned
Banned
Jan 26, 2014
Media
On very rare occasions I saw some of the birds that my father had go through very heavy molt. A poor diet does nothing to help the regrowth of new feathers. but to be sure I would see a avian vet. Even for peace of mind.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Good luck with the vet visit, I hope it's nothing serious. Please let us know how it turns out.

OP
C

carlosmalta

Mar 14, 2014
malta
hello everybody just a few minutes ago i just got from the vet and he told that he has is in heavy moulting.he told that when he was younger he go got a small cold while he was moulting

he told to in the morning to spray him water on it because he has some dry skin and in the water that he drink i am puting the vitamins of versele-laga muta-vit moult by oropharma

and he told me to buy the seven seas pure cod liver oil to mix it with his mix seeds

we see hope that will moult faster and properly and the feather will grow faster and beatuful

below are the images of the mutavit and cod liver that i am give hime

thankyou for your help

cod oil and mutavit Pictures, cod oil and mutavit Images, cod oil and mutavit Photos, cod oil and mutavit Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

amjokai

Apr 19, 2014
Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii
Parrots
Eclectus, Blue and Gold Macaw, Cockatiels, Ringnecks, Green Cheek Conure
You still need to get him off just seeds and feed fresh fruit and veggies, sprouts and/or pellets.... Just seed will give him fatty liver disease and make him unhealthy.

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
From the pictures you've posted, I only see one dowel perch and no toys. Have you ruled out plucking?

Most Reactions