Is alot of Variety good??

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
OP
L

locito277

May 5, 2010
Florida
Parrots
B&G (Lola), Harlequin (Mac) and Camelina (Sunny)
Yes I buy from nuts.com I basically buy a pound of pine nuts,hazelnut,Almond etc and 2 lbs of Brazil nuts. My macaws can't crack the shelled macadamia which is pretty amazing considering my harlequin cracks the others with ease

OP
L

locito277

May 5, 2010
Florida
Parrots
B&G (Lola), Harlequin (Mac) and Camelina (Sunny)
I do Ive bought the dried banana and papaya. They like it ok but not as much as the nuts obviously. I give them fresh fruits. Bananas, Apples, Plum, Berries etc. What is the disadvantage of dehydrated fruit? Is there one?

BreakinNewz

Jun 1, 2013
I do Ive bought the dried banana and papaya. They like it ok but not as much as the nuts obviously. I give them fresh fruits. Bananas, Apples, Plum, Berries etc. What is the disadvantage of dehydrated fruit? Is there one?

I'm not an expert or anything but I don't think there is a real disadvantage of dehydrated fruit other then I believe they contain more sugar and are actually somewhat hard on the stomach to digest, atleast for humans.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts