Is baby lotion conure safe????

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
Is baby lotion okay for a conure to be around? The reason I ask is I got pretty burned over the weekend and put baby lotion on because I figured it has the least amount of chemicles and I wasn't going to keep Fred locked up over it. He seems to be okay this morning but I don't want to keep exposing him to it if it can be hazardous to him.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
You mean you are wearing baby lotion? and you are just wondering about normal handling of your bird? I would handle my bird normally wearing lotion, just wouldn't put it ON my bird or really let him lick it off me. I have super dry skin and wear lotion daily and he is fine. I just don't put him on me when the lotion is wet and not soaked in my skin.
For your sunburn, the aloe gel may feel better on you. :) I love using that when i get burned.

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
I believe its safe, I use organic all natural lotion on myself and I hold my birds with it on I just dont let them lick it off me thought you know it pretty much soaks in. I agree Aloe gel is amazing for sunburns! I am always outside and when I get burned I use aloe gel cause its natural and helps tremendously!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
For sunburn, if you can get this, do it!

Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter™ Body Butter 300ml - Boots

It's an absolute god send. It smells lovely, is fantastic for your skin and is so cooling and helps with the healing! It has shea butter and aloe vera in it.

I got severely burnt on year to the point where I couldn't wear clothes, use any form of sheet covering me in bed etc. and I lathered up with this stuff. Won't use anything else for burns now!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
oooh i love soap and glory products but haven't used this one!! cool

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
oooh i love soap and glory products but haven't used this one!! cool

Absolute life saver. I love pretty much all their products but they're so expensive :(.

I keep that moisturiser around though just in case!

OP
FreddyCheeks

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
I guess I'll switch to aloe vs the baby lotion. I just used the baby lotion because I wasn't sure if cocoa butter or aloe was okay.

Most Reactions