Is he a true Panama Amazon ?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
350 grams sounds about the right size. Who is Flick? Did i miss something.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Flick my gcc came from Brightwood, she was a gift from Carmen.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
In that case Birdman, Flick and Kiwi came from the same breeder :) When did you get her? I was there in October 2013 and snuggled (and almost left with!) a young panama.

I had no idea what aviary she was from. This was a bird someone turned in to Henpecked as a rehome. He posted videos, and I couldn't resist her...

AND SHE'S BEEN THE PERFECT AMAZON FROM THE SECOND SHE ARRIVED!

I just got done watching her play for the past two hours. She wore herself out this morning. Such a happy girl! Who knows, maybe it was the same bird... I was told she was about a year old though, so probably a relative...

KIWI has been well loved all her life, and it shows!!! Hopefully we keep that going the rest of her life, as our "family heirloom." Passed down from one generation to the next... Someday my grand kids may end up with this bird.

She's a sacred trust.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Birdman666, Ricco looks just like Kiwi

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it then. I suspect your breeder has been honest.

Now it's just all about socializing him... and bringing out the friendly/goofy in him.

Most Reactions